IGNORED

who owns any eventide gear? come on in.....

Guest yikes

Guest yikes

i am about to inherit an h3000 with upgrades from my pal who is mothballing his foley /adr studio for a year

to say i am gitty with anticipation is an understatement.

i have some decent rack stuff but nothing in this league.

i have heard eventide stuff all over the come to daddy ep, go plastic and on a lot of funkstorung's stuff as well as loads of Robert fripp and steve vai's work.

what eventide kit do youse guys have and how have you used it?

i know once i get my mits on this box my days on the wattms and other forums are going to be few and far between as I will be studying this thing in and out.

please post anything and everything eventide love related!

esp stuff you have done !

Guest ansgaria

I went to a talk Goodiepal did earlier this week. Someone asked about the Eventide and he said that he had to talk to DJ Hvad about that and not to expect a clear answer, as he changes the story every time someone asks him. What he actually did with it, where it is, if it works and its use. It was in the same building as the talk, library. He played a synth while people answered, slightly interrupting their train of thought, he would shift the sound to a speaker placed among the participants when they would talk, and to a speaker behind himself when he would talk. Lovely eccentric man.

Sweet dude. Nice to know he's still doing lectures.

I saw him do one in London at a free thing, supporting John Callaghan. Was around the time he first started doing the Mort Aux Vaches ekstra ekstra thing about composing a piece to be unscannable by an AI.

should probably stick to my micromodular, but would love to try out any of the H series.. tempted to get that H3000 plugin

This thread has me lustin a bit though. That muffwiggler thread is even worse. Can you imagine micromod thru an H series? Man.

I think I'll definitely be demo'ing the H3000 plugin seeing as it's on sale. Would love to hear some views on how this compares to the real deal?

it's somewhat limited compared to the original, also it doesn't model the sound/converters of the original so if you're very familiar with the hw and looking for the same exact sound you'll be disappointed. but it's a cool plugin in its own right, can get some weird trippy filtered/modulated delays happening. it's also an older plugin so i'd imagine its not terribly heavy on the cpu usage.

I think I'll definitely be demo'ing the H3000 plugin seeing as it's on sale. Would love to hear some views on how this compares to the real deal?

it's somewhat limited compared to the original, also it doesn't model the sound/converters of the original so if you're very familiar with the hw and looking for the same exact sound you'll be disappointed. but it's a cool plugin in its own right, can get some weird trippy filtered/modulated delays happening. it's also an older plugin so i'd imagine its not terribly heavy on the cpu usage.

Annoying questions on the plugin:

- How is it for reverb?

- Can you use it without an input, so it's like a synth? The video on the Eventide led me to believe you could

- What's the modulation like? Can you use audio as a modulation source? How about envelopes/LFOs? MIDI notes/CCs? Intermodulation of these?

Annoying questions on the plugin:

- How is it for reverb?

- Can you use it without an input, so it's like a synth? The video on the Eventide led me to believe you could

- What's the modulation like? Can you use audio as a modulation source? How about envelopes/LFOs? MIDI notes/CCs? Intermodulation of these?

i don't own the plugin, but i've used it, so i can't answer all these questions 100%

much like the original, it's not great for reverb. actually the plugin version may not have any reverb algos at all.

you can use it without an input, there are oscillators and i think a noise gen that you can filter and modulate.

the modulation is nice, there are lfo's and i think envelopes. the original can respond to midi but i don't know if the plugin can. you can patch mod sources in a little "modular" style patchbay which is cool.

might be worth finding the manual?

Archived