IGNORED

New Jangly Experimental Track

mat

I'd love to hear a simple kick snare beat that kicks in about halfway through, yeeaaah

Thanks for listening!

Yeah, I'm going to try that. So far every sound in there was sampled from random things at an antique store with my phone and I was trying to keep it all of those sounds, but a true kick/snare will prob improve it. I'll at least make what I perceive as the kick/snare equivalent sounds louder or more noticeable.

I'll post it here if it turns it out well.

Thanks for the feedback!

Interesting.

I would like it if you tried to make a composition out of this. At the moment it sounds more like a draft where you're try to get ideas. I tend to do that, a typical 4 minute track of mine will have another 6 minutes of sequenced audio where I was just putting stuff together for ideas. Sorry, I'm not trying to offend you or anything, but it's hard to feedback something like this when you don't know the author's intent! It kind of sounds like the track REALLY starts toward the end, I think if you are looking to expand, then bring that part at 1:35 a little earlier, and build from there :)

Did you sequence everything manually, or use any delay tricks while recording?

interesting rhythm! for me its a bit on the overloaded side.. maybe try a version where you thin it out a bit.. don't get me wrong.. i love chaos.. but in a controlled fashion ;)

Interesting.

I would like it if you tried to make a composition out of this. At the moment it sounds more like a draft where you're try to get ideas. I tend to do that, a typical 4 minute track of mine will have another 6 minutes of sequenced audio where I was just putting stuff together for ideas. Sorry, I'm not trying to offend you or anything, but it's hard to feedback something like this when you don't know the author's intent! It kind of sounds like the track REALLY starts toward the end, I think if you are looking to expand, then bring that part at 1:35 a little earlier, and build from there :)

Did you sequence everything manually, or use any delay tricks while recording?

interesting rhythm! for me its a bit on the overloaded side.. maybe try a version where you thin it out a bit.. don't get me wrong.. i love chaos.. but in a controlled fashion ;)

Brisbot: Thanks for your ears and no offense to be taken. I appreciate the feedback.

My original intent was to make a short track with all samples I had taken, but now that novelty has worn off and I most likely will make some longer compositional changes.

There is a bit of ping pong delay goings on, but the majority is manually sequenced, yes.

nsm: Thanks! Your time and words are appreciated. Yes, the chaos does need a bit more of a leash before it goes for an extended walk.

Really interesting. Particularly like that you are using different samples, giving it a different edge to a 'normal' track.

Like someone mentioned above it sounds like you could create something 'better'/longer with these sounds. I liked the chaotic parts best and will now be listening to your other stuff. Nice one!

Really interesting. Particularly like that you are using different samples, giving it a different edge to a 'normal' track.

Like someone mentioned above it sounds like you could create something 'better'/longer with these sounds. I liked the chaotic parts best and will now be listening to your other stuff. Nice one!

Thanks for the feedback rvll!

I'm still working on another version of this track!

Thanks for checking out my other tracks as well. I'll have some new ones on soundcloud soon. This last month has been the first time in a few years that I've been able to sit down and concentrate on fleshing out and really focusing on this music so stay tuned to my sc for more and I'll always be posting them here too!

Guest nbven

Sounds cool and makes nice but yet undetermined atmosphere in my head.

I defenetly like this kick scratches and how it then transits to nice analog sound

slappy

Sounds cool and makes nice but yet undetermined atmosphere in my head.

I defenetly like this kick scratches and how it then transits to nice analog sound

slappy

Thanks for listening nb! I was stuck and almost bored with it until I got those transitions figured oot!

I like the undetermined atmosphere. Maybe a little uneasy???

Really like your sounds and every moment sounds good but it's not really telling a story (at least not to me).

Really like your sounds and every moment sounds good but it's not really telling a story (at least not to me).

Wow yanG, I really never thought about it telling or not telling a story, but that's a great comment, thank you!

Wow yanG, I really never thought about it telling or not telling a story, but that's a great comment, thank you!

Well I believe most good tracks tell a form of story, due to the use of time. Though it could be just a still but your track has too much evolution to be just a still. I always listen to my tracks with that in mind, I have tons of unreleased tracks with moments I really love but that don't work as a whole... Not everybody expects a story in a track but I guess most people do without thinking of it?

Archived