IGNORED

Met Rich at BLOC weekend

AnalogueCreamPie

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I met RDJ and Rob Brown once, who attended a Haswell & Hecker performance in uni.

After the performance, RDJ was checking out the uni studio, I greeted him, opened the practice room next door to the studio, said "want to play drums?" and he replied with the epic "I don't play drums.. I just program them! HAHA!".

I saw Cuba Gooding Jr. literally saying 'Hey its me! SHOW ME THE MONEY REMEMBER?!' to this model in South Beach. He seemed completely pathetic. She didn't show him the time of day. It was hilarious to watch.

I also saw Dennis Rodman sitting and staring intensely into space while surrounded by a posse. Ridiculously intimidating looking.

• 2 weeks later...

I just met Skrillex in Miami.. (super nice, wow) and we talked about aphex a bit. He truly is a huge, not to mention, knowledgeable fan. I randomly blurted out "thanks for repping aphex twin man" <- i don't even say the word "repping" normally but its funny what comes out when you are a little shocked. He totally lit up and gave me a pound lol and we proceeded to nerd out about favorite tracks. I got a couple pictures with him only because he kindly offered (seriously what the hell he is nice). I'll post here if anyone is vaguely interested.

Haven't listened to much Skrillex (barely any as I really disliked the little I heard). We share similar music taste tho as he's DJing with Four Tet soon and went b2b with RamJam lately (Rodigan "This guy knows his reggae!") so kudos to him as he seems to attract a lot of hate for some reason.

21725_827949103966590_522660972059648861

he seems to attract a lot of hate for some reason.

it's mostly EDM snobbery (tho I'm pretty guilty of that) and him being the poster boy for the particular brand of EDM he produces

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chunky

dudes, it was new years eve 10 years ago (i fink).

i was workin on the bar at the millennium stadium. madonna was there doing her madonna old hag dance routines with the gays on stage. our bar was at the back, we could see the whole show. the queue for drinks was huge, yellow brick road length. then im serving the drunks. then fucking cindy from fucking eastenders was right in front of me. she was with her daughter (12 years old or so). she ordered 2 bottles of water for like 6quid. then she left. imagine that you are just doing your job then cindy from eastenders magically appears in front of you suddenly. her face was so cindy. cindyness. and her face. ian wasnt there though

Archived