IGNORED

Every Noise at Once

perunamuusi

This is an ongoing attempt at an algorithmically-generated, readability-adjusted scatter-plot of the musical genre-space, based on data tracked and analyzed for 1374 genres by The Echo Nest. The calibration is fuzzy, but in general down is more organic, up is more mechanical and electric; left is denser and more atmospheric, right is spikier and bouncier.

Click anything to hear an example of what it sounds like.

Click the » on a genre to see a map of its artists.

http://everynoise.com

idm link:

http://everynoise.com/engenremap-intelligentdancemusic.html

I want to know what the hell Electrofox and Solipsynthm are. - though obviously not enough to click on them and find out.

The site looks and works much better on a phone or tablet (pinching / zooming etc)

Needs more Braindance.

Guest ansgaria

cool website, the only one i clicked on that was kind of a lol was 'musique concrete' which just sounded like some blaring digital synth noises

I'm fairly certain that it's Michel Chion's Requiem.

Also, try to click on GAK.

Where is the biggest gap in the plot? Im sure we can create some micro-genres to fill in the holes.

Top left. Dense mechanical electriconic atmospherics? Something between Cybermetal and Aggrotech?

Acid House plays Big Fun? Bad example imo, doesn't even have a 303 in it? Oh wait, all generated. Nevermind. It all looks pretty decent though :)

nnnnnnnnnnnnice

what's that song when you click Drexciya? I should know this

Digital Tsunami

Archived