IGNORED

TIDAL

klore

plus they totally ripped off haxan cloak for their commercial

http://pitchfork.com/news/59040-the-haxan-cloak-accuses-jay-zs-tidal-of-ripping-him-off/

we were talking about this in chat yesterday and everyone lol'd because it sounded so incredibly generic and no one could hear any striking similarities

Man that trailer in OP is soo fucking self indulgent. So tired of Jay-Z and Kanye going on like every time they fart they are doing the world a massive favor.

Guest skibby

this is one of those businesses that are planned to fail and bail. thats why they got all the high profile endorsements. they all get a cut, jay z with the biggest cut. it will be paid for by shareholders and gobbled up and lost through a mutual fund or soemthing. like one of countless companies youve never heard of that somehow become worth a billion and gobbled up by google or something.

Guest kymppinetti

Mind my tongue, but I would suggest these, should I say 'half-witted folk', to kiss my beloved ass. It would ease my... infamous problem greatly. Yes, I do have hemorrhoids.

Thank you.

Edited by kymppinetti

Just found this on a Google image search lol

tidal-ipad.jpg

(top left)

I thought this was Spotify... So they basically stole the design as well?

Edit:Holy lol, Tidal at the top, Spotify at the bottom.

tidal-vs-spotify-ui.png

Edited by Gocab

The concept of tidal is naff. File tidal under self indulgent bullshit. And shame on Daft Punk for confirming what we already knew, they're the biggest sell outs ever. It'll be interesting to see how successful this immoral enterprise is. When the sales figures for Tidal are released at least we can get an update on what percentage of music fans in the world are gullible morons.

Like I said, this sounds completely stupid and destined to flop... But then again one would guess all those millionaires would know more about business ventures than us mortals? There must be some rationale to this

Video is proof that this is not a "artist-driven" service, but a celebrity-driven service (I think I saw that quote somewhere but I can;t find it now to credit the source).

Here are a couple of quotes from an Atlantic article on Tidal that I like and the ink to the article is below:

"Tidal exec Vania Schlogel announced that "every great movement has been started by a few brave people" before thanking Sprint for its vision."

"Talking to The New York Times' Ben Sisario, a Tidal representative "declined to comment on the company’s rates other than that they would be higher than services that have free tiers supported by advertising.""

Article link: http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2015/03/tidal-viva-la-millionaire-musicians/389120/

I started to loathe daft punk after the roll out of RAM when they claimed to be bringing disco back, as if their old label mates had not been doing this for years... what chodes

one would guess all those millionaires would know more about business ventures than us mortals

The business knowledge amounts to packin in as many famous faces into their product as they can get. From that perspective they're good businessmen. But they're stll purveyors of bubblegum pop and should feel shame asking for more money from the gullible who are sitting there tonight trying to work out why their pop hits aren't lossless. They'll think it's a new thing and splash the cash at this garbage but won' feel manipulated.

tidal-ipad.jpg

(top left)

tidal-vs-spotify-ui.png

Surely there will be some lawsuits over this.

tidal-ipad.jpg

(top left)

tidal-vs-spotify-ui.png

Surely there will be some lawsuits over this.

Yeah I see some rectangular shapes. I think Apple might sue.

If it fails, they get rich.

If it succeeds, they get rich.

Wealth is fucking crazy.

Edited by Candiru