IGNORED

TIDAL

klore

Seeing Daft Punk and Deadmaus up there with their stupid helmets on signing a pledge in some over-earnest spectacle of greed is just so Nathan Barley.

plus they totally ripped off haxan cloak for their commercial

http://pitchfork.com/news/59040-the-haxan-cloak-accuses-jay-zs-tidal-of-ripping-him-off/

Saw this a few days ago and I seriously don't get it. The last Haxan Cloak album was mostly just a collection of horror movie trailer sounds so if the music in that promo ripped him off, every sound designer who's ever worked on a trailer might as well accuse HC of ripping them off. Also, I don't even hear the resemblance between those HC tracks and the stuff in the Tidal thing. Unless HC is the sole inventor of screeching noises and low donk sounds?! Either way his reaction makes him look like a dork.

I still like Excavations though.

Edited by Friendly Foil

plus they totally ripped off haxan cloak for their commercial

http://pitchfork.com/news/59040-the-haxan-cloak-accuses-jay-zs-tidal-of-ripping-him-off/

Saw this a few days ago and I seriously don't get it. The last Haxan Cloak album was mostly just a collection of horror movie trailer sounds so if the music in that promo ripped him off, every sound designer who's ever worked on a trailer might as well accuse HC of ripping them off. Also, I don't even hear the resemblance between those HC tracks and the stuff in the Tidal thing. Unless HC is the sole inventor of screeching noises and low donk sounds?! Either way his reaction makes him look like a dork.

I still like Excavations though.

yeah seen this too and got the same thoughts, there is a ressemblance, it's clear, but same will be the next Rolland Emmerich trailer on youtube,

this climbing climax with noize and reverb and those tonal kicks always works though but not really Haxan Cloak propriety

Seeing Daft Punk and Deadmaus up there with their stupid helmets on signing a pledge in some over-earnest spectacle of greed is just so Nathan Barley.

Glad I wasn't the only person to think that :lol:

wtf. I also highly highly doubt radiohead would support that shit.

We will celebrate this new platform for new music by our signed artists by playing a song from 2000 from a band that doesn't endorse paid streaming and left EMI 10 years ago

They're making the mistake of thinking that the average listener cares about quality. A lot of people don't even know that there's levels of mp3 quality, never mind FLAC and wavs.

The "we're starting a movement" thing is bollocks too.

wtf. I also highly highly doubt radiohead would support that shit.

We will celebrate this new platform for new music by our signed artists by playing a song from 2000 from a band that doesn't endorse paid streaming and left EMI 10 years ago

they probably tried to get radiohead who lolled at them so they played a track from them so it looked like they supported it.

They're making the mistake of thinking that the average listener cares about quality. A lot of people don't even know that there's levels of mp3 quality, never mind FLAC and wavs.

Fo'reals. When I tell people (ie co-workers) I listen to Spotify on the extreme setting they look at me like I'm insane. Most people don't even care that there are different settings, they just keep it at normal, which is 96kbps ogg vorbis on mobiles...

Just think of how good Jack White's chords will sound in FLAC though!

uh yeah not really sure on the trailer stealing Bobby's music, it's pretty generic sounding. the vid from the live show in that pitchfork article is cool though, I'd love to see him live someday, missed in Manchester a while back.

regardless that trailer is pretentious as fuck, that jayleh post is fucking spot on, I think Jay Z's ego is eating away at his brain

Jay-Z is like a reverse Corporate raider. Once his has used his popularity and influence to build a user base - watch how fast he will sell it. I bet they don't have a business plan passed the next 6 months.

Edited by digman

Not having a free tier is going to kill it too. Only a quarter of Spotify users are premium and I would say with certainty that those people are album oriented listeners who got sick of hitting the usage limits again and. (That's how Spotify works right? Its been ages since I used it).

Curious people will sign up to Tidal, get the lossless level and expect stunning levels of quality that ridicules Spotify's standard. But they'll hear no difference and they'll cancel their Tidal subscription. They'll then bad mouth it to their friends. Basically, Tidal is fucked and it's its own fault.

FLOL! good job.

bonus lol at the use of Thomas Dybdahl track if you're Norwegian.

Lol at this. It's such a blatant over dramatization. Yes, Jay Z, I do agree that the lossless you have in the video sounds better than the shitty mp3... but the video itself is compressed!

This is kind of like the 80/20 rule. You're spending 80 percent for that last 20 percent of quality.