IGNORED

Conducting a Clark Interview Today

Guest wuchi

Guest wuchi

I'm conducting an interview with Clark today for my college radio station, WPTS Pittsburgh. It will be on air at 8:30 PM tonight here and will be posted to my Soundcloud page tomorrow. As fans who are probably more dedicated than I am, I'd like to know what kind of questions you have for him that I could throw out during the interview. Any and all answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Nice!

1. Why did it take him so long to finish and release Silver Sun (first version was like from 2011 I think) ? No offense intended of course, just curious.

2. Will the new tracks he played recently at Bloc, especially the one he played before Silver Sun, take as much long to get released ?

3. Now that he's focusing heavily on his computer to make music, what will he do with all the hardware gear he has ? What of the modular stuff he was working on back when he said it was so much better for writing and wrapping up a track in no time ?

4. What does he think now of the way he wrote "Clark" (in a 4 month-long session non stop) ? Would he do that again ?

I may have some more later. Thank you for this!

yeah the wheelchair! how is it limiting him in his live performances and to what extent it influences his workflow (maybe also positively)? very curious about that

1. Will he be releasing that (male?) vocal/chorus like ambient track he played during the Iradelphic Workshop? It's one of my favorite things. (Or any of the unreleased stuff from the workshop stream)

2. Would he make a fully ambient/drone album?

3. The percussion on the new lp/ep seems softer or has less attack than in the past was this a conscious decision?

4. Will he do more hazy/warm acoustic mixed stuff in the future? Does he want to?

Guest wuchi

Finished the interview, unfortunately I couldn't get to everyone's questions but I touched on a few things mentioned here. I think many of you will be excited to hear some of the things he has to say. I'll have it online soon!

how did he find living in berlin? was it influential in any way or just a place live? i saw a collaborative performance with a dancer & i think film? at dock 11 he did around 2008 across the street from where i'm living ( if he's still living here i'll get him a beer or two!) does he plan to work more on the visual connected to the audio side of things such as the recent to live & die in grantham, (it won't play in berlin btw!) also awesome recent boiler room set!

ahh crap posted to late :(

Finished the interview, unfortunately I couldn't get to everyone's questions but I touched on a few things mentioned here. I think many of you will be excited to hear some of the things he has to say. I'll have it online soon!

nice wuchi. thanks!

btw read the rules

Guest wuchi

nice wuchi. thanks!

btw read the rules

Ah, didn't see them until now. Guess this post was a little spammy and self-promotional. Sorry for that. Genuinely just wanted to get some feedback from y'all.

Guest wuchi

Wish I would have posted it sooner but I forgot about this board until too late! He was a great guy to talk to though. As easy-going and down to earth as I had heard.

• 6 months later...

Archived