IGNORED

GOOAAAAALLLLLL (2014-15)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Is there no Champions League thread this year?

2. Do we now live in world where Juventus are the good guys?

looool i know wtf i'm rooting for juve so hard because bayern, barca and real are basically the 3 worst teams on earth

Both of those first legs were very good matches, but the first 80 minutes of that Barca-Bayern match was outstanding. Possibly match of the season.

I'm a bit torn - obviously a Barca-Madrid match would be tasty and testy, but I would love for Juve to return to their glory days (plus we could have the added bonus of a Pogba-Neymar hair-off).

Always had a soft spot for Italian football since C4 broadcast live games on Sundays thru the 90's

Couldnt catch any of these games, but heard from my kid bro about the Barca game being a bit tasty & its rare for zee Germans to concede at the end of games (at least since Utd/Bayern '99)

Guardiola to Citeh?

Well Bayerns domestic season has been shit, and since they ain't winning the CL, Bayern might be looking to offload him. High demands at that club.

Citeh definitely looking for new management, so could be a possibility. Some serious rebuilding necessary though for pep to play his usual possession game.

Messi indeed made Boateng look like an amateur, but then again, he's done that to just about every world-class defender.

Not sure about that, i recall one of the remaining mastodons of true world class defenders, very old Nesta tackling Messi from behind in penalty area in CL play-offs making him lose the ball like a little boy. Though Messi took it with dignity.

Messi indeed made Boateng look like an amateur, but then again, he's done that to just about every world-class defender.

Not sure about that, i recall one of the remaining mastodons of true world class defenders, very old Nesta tackling Messi from behind in penalty area in CL play-offs making him lose the ball like a little boy. Though Messi took it with dignity.

Note the caveat; "just about". Messi in general is not a diver or a whiner, so it's no surprise that he took that from Nesta (a proper legend) with dignity.

very much like my younger self on the red-gravel circa 1985

Yes, you would have ended up on your backside as well ;)

midfield general, sitting deep, or more like a sweeper who doesnt get forward, like an arthritic Sammer, but with less passing ability and scanning vision

ok like a 1-legged Baresi on crutches, when he's 90, hobbling

How good is this final going to be.

Pogba's hair vs Neymar's hair, Suarez' teeth vs Chiellini's neck, Biscuits, Queen Tevez.

and of course Pirlo - every middle aged football fan's mancrush.

Rooting for Juve in the final. I can't stand Bartha' and their antics off and on the pitch through the years.

It's nice that the final is mixed this year from the usual suspects, when was the last time an Italian team got to the final? AC Milan 05?

Rooting for Juve in the final. I can't stand Bartha' and their antics off and on the pitch through the years.

It's nice that the final is mixed this year from the usual suspects, when was the last time an Italian team got to the final? AC Milan 05?

Short memories: Milan's 2007 cold-served revenge, Inter's 2010 treble. Btw, nobody did treble twice in the history, Barca's very close.

Short memories: Milan's 2007 cold-served revenge, Inter's 2010 treble. Btw, nobody did treble twice in the history, Barca's very close.

Ha, I totally forgot Inter's win, 5 years already.

Cheers.

Definitely hope Barca win it, would be made up for Suarez in particular after all the shit he's had to put up with in recent years. Luis Enrique deserves it too, he got a huge amount of stick early on, had a lot of work to convince the squad of his methods as well, seems like a decent and humble bloke.

Will be weird next season though, I may have to stop supporting Barca for a season if Rafa takes over at Real for the year (can't see it lasting beyond that, the mental sacking bastards). Was weird supporting Chelsea in the Europa League final that season, but was kind of made bearable by the fact that their own fans barely wanted to win under him, so supporting them was almost like not supporting them.

Archived