IGNORED

Lo Five - Look To Me For Love

granty

I've got a new EP out today on Jisatsuken - a mixture of old and new tracks that have been remastered. It's a free download, as is everything on the label's site:

http://jisatsuken.org/jsk/releases/jsk022-lo-five-look-to-me-for-love-ep/

My illustrator friend Mel made a series of animated gifs for the release too:

REyTU5K.gif
cxLamwW.gif
QWAvR3T.gif
X6N4znD.gif
xfq6hqC.gif
MKJC4Ty.gif
CjTnafs.gif
0EFz7DO.gif
xoEz75Z.gif

You got a theme going on - there are similar melodic changes through all of these songs. It reminds me of a mixture between BoC and Primal Scream. I love the first song, it has something in it, maybe because there are no drums - drums you add later on in songs are pretty conservative if I can say so. Not badly executed at all, actually I think that the whole release is really well composed and mixed, just that songs lose a bit of mystique that you establish with "Ridin On Air". But I guess that this just a matter of taste. Congrats on the release btw!

You got a theme going on - there are similar melodic changes through all of these songs. It reminds me of a mixture between BoC and Primal Scream. I love the first song, it has something in it, maybe because there are no drums - drums you add later on in songs are pretty conservative if I can say so. Not badly executed at all, actually I think that the whole release is really well composed and mixed, just that songs lose a bit of mystique that you establish with "Ridin On Air". But I guess that this just a matter of taste. Congrats on the release btw!

Thanks for listening Dpek, much appreciated. Yes I do tend to keep the drums quite simple and acoustic sounding - that's an area I want to develop actually, making my own percussive sounds and using them in more complex and experimental ways. Never thought of Primal Scream as an influence but I guess I've always listened to them, on and off over the years - BoC on the other hand, there's no escaping it :)

Archived