IGNORED

Has afx ever dropped an autechre track in a set?

katmat

Ae has dropped a bunch of Aphex tracks in the DJ sets.

There was also this story from Sean about the rivalry between Ae and AFX from AAA:

yeah we did the track drane, which had that exponential speeding-up delay thing happening, and then rich did that bouncing ball track, and we answered it with drane2 which was the same delay trick but feeding percussion into it instead, as a kind of tease

he said he made a bouncing ball revenge track to it once but i guess he didn't release it, prob cos we all got better things to do than get into a tricks war :gamer:

What is more curious is that there's very little BoC/Ae crossover, what with both being on both Skam and Warp.

yeah we did the track drane, which had that exponential speeding-up delay thing happening, and then rich did that bouncing ball track, and we answered it with drane2 which was the same delay trick but feeding percussion into it instead, as a kind of tease

he said he made a bouncing ball revenge track to it once but i guess he didn't release it, prob cos we all got better things to do than get into a tricks war :gamer:

Cubdelay, maybe?

Cubdelay, maybe?
This is the closest thing to a collaboration between them I have ever heard of

There was also this story from Sean about the rivalry between Ae and AFX from AAA:

What is more curious is that there's very little BoC/Ae crossover, what with both being on both Skam and Warp.

Maybe because boc has so few tracks

i know it'd never happen but i'd love to hear aphex try to imitate autechre's style and vice versa, just for a track or something. obviously it'd be tricky cause they've both switched up their sound so much, but the thought of aphex attempting an exai era track would be great

CtD era tracks sound a little like LP5/EP7 to my ears, and ICBYD has some similar percussion styles to Ae's early work.. imo of course

Ahh would love to have heard him play Grantz graf.. I feel like aphex would do a good job of building up to some heavy autechre in a set and frame it right. If he ever wedged some in between all that current value stuff I would loose my shit.

i love it when we turn musicians into sports teams

there is a 100+ page thread on pics of AFX, this is premier league worshiping stuff at this point

hey speaking of which

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/31639-rare-pics-of-rdj/page-104?do=findComment&comment=2311659

Ahh would love to have heard him play Grantz graf.. I feel like aphex would do a good job of building up to some heavy autechre in a set and frame it right. If he ever wedged some in between all that current value stuff I would loose my shit.

yeah! it was at the climax with some crazy gabber stuff and then when gantz graf came in everyone was like what the fuck is going on?!

Yes I remember at that all day festival! (I started at breakfast and continued well beyond sunset with a hearty diet of mdma, cocaine and regulalry washed down with a few hearty flagons of Parsons Cock Rot ale)

In spite of this I remember Aphex dropped 78 seconds of Autechre's Bronchusevenmx24 at the strike of 43.09!! It's burned into my brain like a vision from the sulphuric borderlands of Hell!

First time I heard T13 quadraverb it reminded me of Gescom Leritue (Gibber Mix)...

Not that they sound particularly similar mind, just something about the vibe I guess.

Both are the tits tho!

Only thing I can think of is Sean (I believe) provided the numbers station recording for Gyroscope on Geogaddi

Archived