IGNORED

Infinipede

purlieu

I can see where Brian is coming from with the different elements not feeling cohesive really, but I do like many of the sounds.

I like your use of panning with certain sounds, gives some nice space to the backgrounds.

I like that moment at 3:48 more than the rest of the track really, it speaks to me more.

Thanks for the feedback. I often tend to do fairly minimal / simplistic tracks so I'm trying to branch out into more detailed pieces with constrasting / unusual combinations of sounds. Was quite happy with how they worked, but I can hear how they could also be a bit jarring. Might have a tinker with them, see if I can come up with more complimentary sounds.

Panning - yeah :D Love when you first listen to a piece on headphones and discover there's a whole theme park of sounds riding around your head. Nothing static to get too boring.

I agree with pretty much everything that has been said so far.

I think you should be a bit more picky when it comes to sounds you make/pick. For instance, the bass sounds a biiiiiiit like a preset. Noodle around with the synth and add some more low frequencies :)

Ha - last track I invited Facebook friends to critique I got too much bass... must have gone in the wrong direction. I haven't really been using VST synths for such a long time so I am a bit rusty in getting the right sounds (I used to rely on presets a lot back in the day so haven't had much practice.) I'm still happy with the sounds (was going for slightly garish '80s sounding synths) but will definitely take this all on board and give it a bit of a twiddle over the weekend... will post the results!

Archived