IGNORED

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice

BOCfan

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guest bitroast

yeaaaaaah. i found watchmen a bit too sterile and 1to1 to the comic book. faithfully recreated with CGI colour correction and greenscreens and actors reading out their lines like the comic book says for them to read out their lines. none of it seemed very sincere or emotionally compelling to me?? and then you look at the comic book and every panel is a work of art with gorgeous colouring and ridiculously well thought out panelling and weird symmetry shit going on. could say i'm just bitter but i really find his directing and adapting style to be really boring and lifeless.

please feel free to ignore my comments btw. if you enjoy the works then you are clearly getting something out of them that i am missing and that probably makes you the winner. only reason i keep commenting is because i secretly want to boycott snyder's career by getting people to not see his films. if enough people stop going then maybe hollywood will stop paying him bucketloads of money to recreate existing bodies of work and then he'll have to kick himself out of autopilot mode and actually direct something original again ala... the... dawn of the dead reboot?

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

So what's up with the dawn of justice ? Is it like before or after the morning wank in the shower ?

Or

c) during while crying

Dawn of the Dead

I actually really liked this, and I'm pretty enthusiastic/picky about horror, but I don't know anyone else who liked it.

However,

fuck superhero movies.

Yeah, I liked that remake too.

Guest bitroast

I am so upset that zach snyder is even making any money out of his half baked autopilot pieces of shlock let alone millions and millions of dollars.

He's better at making trailers than movies, although this one sucked. He's a music video director 15 years too late to the party, so he fell into Hollywood instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3orQKBxiEg

He's a master at matching music to a paced set of shots, but can't write worth a damn or come up with an idea that wasn't adapted from another media. He really belongs in the 90s. Also, he needs to stop desaturating his color correction to death. Every DC movie director will have to ape that technique to make them consistent, whether they like it or not.

i think part of the reason they graded the color down so much had something to do with the really rushed CGI work in the last act/final fight scene. It really does look like shit for today's standard of CGI, they rushed that shit out bigtime. The studios probably saw a rough cut and said 'not enough splosions' they added a bunch of really wonky poorly done particle animation of buildings crumbling and barely passable CGI double arial fight scenes that actually look worse to me than the stuff in Matrix Reloaded and Spiderman 2 & 3. Really the only 'fix' at that point is to motion blur the shit out of the action and grade down the color to the point of not being able to tell what's going on. WB fucked up huge, the justice league movie 'franchise' is doomed. I didn't love Iron Man or the 2nd bland marvel Hulk movie but I never had a sense then that the Avengers concept was fucked from the beginning like I do with justice league.

well i think that movie could go both ways actually . If they take the Winter Soldier route, a dark sort of quasi totalitarian US sort of thing it could potentially be great. Turning Tony Stark basically into the corporate shill/government lackey villain VS captain america sounds pretty amazing to me, especially since I've always found the Iron man movies to be the shittiest marvel has to offer and find RDJ's acting annoying as fuck, the character needs to be put in his place basically. The 2nd reboot of spiderman of course is dumb but the casting idea of making peter parker someone who actually looks pre pubescent is kind of a smart move especially if Spiderman plays the mcguffin in Civil War meaning that unmasking Spiderman (under the new superhero registration act which Mark Millar who wrote Civil War clearly ripped off of watchmen from alan moore) would essentially be putting the life of a child in danger. I could see that being pulled off really well in the right hands. Captain america basically telling Tony Stark to fuck off for wanting to put a target on peter parkers back. Winter Soldier remains for me the best Marvel movie so far besides The Avengers

It now includes

Spider-Man

Black Panther

Hawkeye

War Machine

General Ross (from Hulk)

Scarlet Witch

the Daredevil guy is campaigning to be involved

Basically, they're using the Cap movies as Avengers 1.5, and 2.5 to fill in gaps until the next big event.

pretty sure its going to be the launch of Dr Strange too. I honestly see no problem whatsoever with that many cameos, afterall it would make sense for the Civil War plot to have a lot of new heroes being revealed. Actually part of my problem with the other Marvel movies is that they don't exploit the larger universe enough.

the dumbest thing about that joker is the self referential tats. who the fuck is he, that guy from memento who forgets who he is all the time so he needs tats to remind him that he's the joker? the 'haha' tats are so fucking lame. the smile tat is also awful. but the 'haha' tats that look straight out of the background of the killing joke panel that photo is aping are just so fucking awful on a number of levels.

joker-704285.jpg

i mean is this joker going to be like self aware that hes a guy playing joker in a movie? is killing joke his favorite comic? what the fuck is going on here, exactly? is he playing a parody of joker?

im not even really against the idea of him having crazy tats all over the place, but not self referential ones. the jester one itself wouldve been OK. i think they fucked up big time here. not only are those tats like obvious references to the joker in comics but they look like something an angsty teen kid would scribble on their high school notebook (including the damaged one).

Archived