IGNORED

The Orb - Moonbuilding 2703

Rubin Farr

I've always preferred the Fehlmann albums to the Youth ones, I found The Dream quite dull and I don't revisit Metallic Spheres much

Brilliant, bring it on... but such a pity Kris Weston could not get his album off the ground... plus plus still still waiting for my 'Further Adventures Beyond Dark Matter' Live DVD...

Brilliant, bring it on... but such a pity Kris Weston could not get his album off the ground... plus plus still still waiting for my 'Further Adventures Beyond Dark Matter' Live DVD...

I backed Kris, he's on Root now to fund it, with a goal of September, site is down for maintenance right now. When you back him, you get the entire Orb back catalog for free, lol. Revenge is sweet.

And yes, Alex is a world famous coke slut. He's hit me up personally, so I love ragging on him.

• 1 month later...
Guest Hillsman

The latest I heard w.r.t. Weston is that he is abandoning his Kickstarter project - so if you are a backer and haven't downloaded his archive or the newer tracks he has made available, I would advise you do so now. Only a few days left.

I must say, it is refreshing to visit a forum where folks seemingly know the real story behind The Orb. I cannot help but feel a little unwell when I see all the gushing over "Dr" Alex P on other forums - he can DJ, yes. But make music? I highly doubt it. It only takes a quick listen to one of Fehlmann's albums (Gute Luft in particular) to determine that the likes of Bicycles & Tricycles and, in particular, Baghdad Batteries are CLEARLY his work alone.

Of course I will buy the new album.....I rather like the one track that was made available on YouTube.....but only because I prefer original CD to digital download. But I certainly won't be devoting a penny to either History of the Future comp - I've got pretty much all of that content already.

Hillsman

PS love the sarcasm. Dr Coke?! LOL

Kris Weston's album is not canceled, he moved funding thru root to his own site, and has had more financial probs it seems. He's started selling new tracks he's producing/distributing to make some cash, and buy better gear. Throw him some quid, this will be good.

A320AEEB-69D3-45DD-B1CB-C5D3A4A45971_zps

https://krisweston.com/rant/effort/

Just noticed that the limited edition will feature 2 Dilla tribute tracks. Curious about this, would love to hear some preview of those tracks !

I believe its 2 bonus tracks and 1 Dilla tribute track.

7 total (4 LP, 2 Bonus and 1 Vinyl only bonus (dilla)

I like track 1 from the soundcloud, nothing "new" but still fresh/chill/lush

I read Chris Weston's view of The Orb history, how he got screwed over; the bad decisions he made and deceitful people he got in evolved with. However, I get the feeling that quite a bit of this may have been all his own doing. Sounds like he spent most of the 90s completely out of his head. Probably not the best place to be when you're a professional musician.

Just saying.

I haven't been able to enjoy Orb since I read that thing wrote by their former member.

It's just mad

lol the Orb gossip is outstanding. A bit of a shame Weston apparently hates Fehlmann cos I love Felhmann

Still, it's no reason not to enjoy their stuff. Perhaps it's best to look at Orb as an umbrella for a variety of artists (who just so happen to hate eachother), instead of a single coherent group

I haven't been able to enjoy Orb since I read that thing wrote by their former member.

It's just mad

lol the Orb gossip is outstanding. A bit of a shame Weston apparently hates Fehlmann cos I love Felhmann

Still, it's no reason not to enjoy their stuff. Perhaps it's best to look at Orb as an umbrella for a variety of artists (who just so happen to hate eachother), instead of a single coherent group

This.

Also I'd like to remind to people who like Orbus Terrarum and Pomme Fritz to check out the FFWD project which was Fripp, Fehlmann, Weston and Paterson. At least on the level of Orbus Terrarum IMO.