IGNORED

Health - Death Magic

Guest WNS000

Melody does not fit them very well, in my opinion. Their composition is too simple and with always very similar mood and sonic approach to them. Cool for a soundtrack but it shows weaknesses in proper songs. Gets boring quickly. They should probably stick with noise more.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Apart from Tears from the Max Payne 3 soundtrack (and the rest of that soundtrack), I don't think they've ever made a song that I would actually sit down and listen to. But, I'm not saying that it's bad. Actually, I think pretty much all their songs would work in movies and video games for some reason. "Men Today" is not something I would ever listen to, but fuck me if that song wouldn't be cool during a club shoot out in some French film or something.

• 4 weeks later...

I guess it was the logical progression from the Max Payne soundtrack (Tears in particular) and partly their second album, but wow, this is REALLY poppy. Kind of miss the drumming of the first two albums (most of the stuff on here is electronic so I'm) but other than that it sounds very much like Health. Only given it two listens so far but I'm not disappointed at all. It's excellent.

Also, I feel 'noise rock' is such a limiting and useless genre tag / style descriptor for this band and most other American bands considered noise rock. This sounds more like industrial or even Scorn-esque techno at times.

Scorn-esque techno? what even is.

i dunno, i meant like dub or illbient or whatever you call his stuff

it's not "dub techno" b/c that's a very different genre

Archived