IGNORED

Kenji Kawai - Ghost in the Shell OST (Vinyl)

Rubin Farr

I wonder how many pressings will show up of this one, in various different editions...

/akira

The Akira ones are (or might be) bootlegs I read somewhere.

One of the other things I really wanted to focus on too was that a title like Akira, it's been released a few times, it has major bootlegs out there. There actually… a bootleg was released nine, ten months ago… I think as a double vinyl, too. It's widely available whether it's a bootleg or not. I kind of want to focus on stuff that people can't even get their hands on. I want to reissue stuff for the first time actually in America. So that's… a lot of our titles have never, ever seen domestic release from these particular composers or titles ever.

Source

The guy seemed really reticent to state de facto Yes, that's a bootleg but seems to suspect that it is. Makes me wonder if this is a bootleg too, releasing a Ghost in the Shell vinyl would surely come with more fanfare than just being pushed onto the market quiety...could be wrong though.

yup, it very likely is something worth steering clear of. At least at that price. It's pretty blatantly gonna pop up again with a slightly different sleeve, again the same "limited reissue".

• 1 month later...

has anyone bought this? is it a good pressing?

nope, not bought it. Spencer from Death Waltz Records said on Twitter that it's a bootleg, as we all suspected.

Archived