IGNORED

Luke Vibert - Bizarster

Herr Jan

So, finally the new Vibert album on Planet Mu seems to be getting out after a few years of rumours :)

Just announced at the Planet Mu showcase on BBC Radio 1 yesterday. Not really sure about the spelling of the title but w/a.

Planned for release in October, first track on it is called Knock Out (played on that Planet Mu show, last track).

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

.given this sounds neither like his Reason sampling stuff or his recent acid work (both of which I enjoy but I feel like he's explored enough) I'm -very- hopeful. a definite purchase.

brings Bend Over to mind - a couple of strategically placed vocal samples, and lots of lusssshness.

.given this sounds neither like his Reason sampling stuff or his recent acid work (both of which I enjoy but I feel like he's explored enough) I'm -very- hopeful. a definite purchase.

brings Bend Over to mind - a couple of strategically placed vocal samples, and lots of lusssshness.

He's been using Reason since Musipal/ Bend Over era... Do you not like that style? I feel his best stuff was pre-Reason but there are some absolute gems, among the bombs. It's seems like he whips off tracks too quickly and recycles a lot of the same samples (which at first didn't bother me).

nice track, prefer when he's a bit more subtle with his vocal samples. he has the tendency to go overboard at times.

He's been using Reason since Musipal/ Bend Over era... Do you not like that style? I feel his best stuff was pre-Reason but there are some absolute gems, among the bombs. It's seems like he whips off tracks too quickly and recycles a lot of the same samples (which at first didn't bother me).

i thought Musipal was a transitional album where he was using both approaches. but i'm pretty much with you on this one - i like the style, but he seems to have gotten a bit lazy about it lately. i'd really like to hear some long-form samples again (Space Race anyone?) but my least favourite tracks by him now are when he's just slicing and dicing a couple of samples on top of the Sing Sing break a la most of Rhythm and others. I would be equally happy if he just put out more instrumentally lush synth-laden stuff like this.

Archived