IGNORED

Luke Vibert - Bizarster

Herr Jan

wonder why there hasnt been a release since 2003 on warp. imo his best record to date was YosepH

There was a second album planned but because of black magic that didn't happen. They even played a track of it on the radio back in 2007ish (thanks to Velazquez for sharing):

Also, Yoseph is incredible :)

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mid/late 2000s pics vs current promo pics... Having a teenager or teenagers must take a lot out of you.

I am psyched for this, definitely will have some new classics. Cover is great.

Mike, if you are reading this, did you or Luke pick this selection?

The Mu releases are some of my favorites, Lover's Acid, We Hear You.

Amen Andrews vs Spac Hand Like might be my favorite as of late tho, London and Multiple Stab Wounds would still kill in a club in 2015 imo.

wonder why there hasnt been a release since 2003 on warp. imo his best record to date was YosepH

There was a second album planned but because of black magic that didn't happen. They even played a track of it on the radio back in 2007ish (thanks to Velazquez for sharing):

Also, Yoseph is incredible :)

What do you mean black magic?

also yosePH rules.

• 2 weeks later...

Bloomin' Japanese gettin an extra track called Disgard! Sorry if this was already mentioned.

also...

Interview (not a great one, pretty tired topics) & full tune (great!) below:

http://www.theplayground.co.uk/exclusive-luke-vibert-shares-new-track-hey-go-talks-idm-cornwall-rephlex/

Actually Japanese track doesn't sound that great, reckon I can live without it, promising start but the rest of the sample I heard doesn't seem to be my thing.

https://soundcloud.com/pdis_inpartmaint/luke-vibert-disgard-bonus

They get three! srslywtf... I dont actually mind the track tbh. Would go down on the df.

On a tangent note, someone mind explaining to me why Japanese versions of albums always seem to get bonus tracks? Neoliberal globalisation had one job and it couldnt even get us those tracks.

Actually Japanese track doesn't sound that great, reckon I can live without it, promising start but the rest of the sample I heard doesn't seem to be my thing.

They get three! srslywtf... I dont actually mind the track tbh. Would go down on the df.

On a tangent note, someone mind explaining to me why Japanese versions of albums always seem to get bonus tracks? Neoliberal globalisation had one job and it couldnt even get us those tracks.

It's cheaper to buy imported albums--i.e. a US release--in Japan than it is a domestic release, so the practice of adding bonus tracks on JP editions began and continues to encourage domestic sales. Honestly, I have yet to hear a bonus track for Japan that justifies an extra twenty quid on top of the price, but that's just me.

Interestingly, they once tried reducing the prices of Japanese releases to see if it would help increase sales. It didn't, so they put them back up to their sky high levels. Go figure.

Guest bitroast

daaaamn. these sample trax are sounding so good. my initial partial interest has escalated into rampant want.

Hey Go & Bizarster are groovy af.

Where did you see the Japanese version with three bonus tracks ? I looked on the Japanese Itunes and didn't see any. Thanks.

Guest bitroast

that soundcloud link >

01. Knockout
02. Officer's Club
03. Hey Go
04. Ghetto Blast Ya
05. I Can Phil It
06. Manalog
07. War
08. Bizarster
09. Power Press
10. L Tronic
11. Doozit
12. Don't Fuck Around
13. Disgard *
14. Tribal Work *
15. We Are So Good *

that soundcloud link >

01. Knockout

02. Officer's Club

03. Hey Go

04. Ghetto Blast Ya

05. I Can Phil It

06. Manalog

07. War

08. Bizarster

09. Power Press

10. L Tronic

11. Doozit

12. Don't Fuck Around

13. Disgard *

14. Tribal Work *

15. We Are So Good *

Thanks, maybe CD only then.

Someone seems to have posted this to youtube three days early. As someone said earlier, getting some Big Soup vibes from this one :)

Archived