IGNORED

Labels that do hand made / numbered product runs

Rubin Farr

The DIY vinyl scene is thankfully strong in UK at the moment. These are tiny labels that do tiny runs, but the love and care they put into their physical releases is unparalleled. Lots of unbleached recycled materials. Hand stamps, Sharpie graphics, silk screens, physical extras, it's a golden time for collectors , if you can get in on that run, usually less than 1000 copies. What are your favorite labels like this to support?

Folklore Tapes

Trilogy Tapes

Mordant Music

Boomkat Record label

Norman Record label

Juno Record Label

Beats in Space

Echospace Detroit ($$$)

SKAM sub labels

Fundamental Records

Tusk

AMDisc

Lovelove

Brainwashed

Threshold House

L.I.E.S.

BARO Records

Acts-wise i'd have to endorse Nurse With Wound and Andrew Liles.

Some of their record releases are a joy for any record collector to behold and thats no analog/digi/vinyl/mp3 bs. The art work is incredible, often gatefolded, includes a myriad of prints and collectables and most of all the audio includes some of my favourite headfuck music from recent memory. They do v ltd runs, which is no bad thing, because it cajoles you as a music "supporter" to get your shit together and buy it.

Twelfty/10

Also picking my way through some of the alternative Coil releases from abroad, while collecting art bits n bobs, sigils and micro-gifts that a lot of their releases included.

Thelema/10

PsychicSounds, Katabatik, Meds, Icasea are a few awesome labels that come to mind. I don't really count Boomkat label tbh (lol i always forget Brainwashed actually runs a label too)

Extreme Ultimate are also very good.

Home of Necro Deathmort and other noisey synthy techno rock electro projects (?).

They run a zine, all releases are limited cassette, CD or vinyl plus all supported by the band camp app / downloads.

Big fan.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to self promote... but Bonding Tapes!

The first release we did "Quality Time Vol. 1" isn't DIY, but the rest are. We print, score, cut and fold ourselves. We're planning on other approaches too... I would say that the recent release "Mothership Collective - All Nigga Radio" comes the closest to the DIY aesthetic. The case cover was a last minute addition.

0004980706_10.jpg

I'm not telling (engage secret squirrel mode).

More people who know, then the lesser the chance I have of bagging one!

Only 2 releases so far (the second was released a few days ago). The first vinyl release already has a second-hand asking price of £200.

:shuriken:

Archived