IGNORED

Heaven (Mr. Roque Remix)

Squee

• 2 weeks later...

lol.

Wicked atmosphere and patience. The strings (violin?) were really nice and the production is obviously really good.

I haven't heard the original so can't compare but this was pretty cool.

lol.

Wicked atmosphere and patience. The strings (violin?) were really nice and the production is obviously really good.

I haven't heard the original so can't compare but this was pretty cool.

Thanks, man! Appreciate it :) I've added the original tune to the first post in case anyone wants to have something to compare the remix to.

The strings are a mix between a cello and a viola.

I really need to go back and fix that sub bass because it's ridiculously deep and needs some harmonics. It kinda disappears after a couple of seconds, simply because you stop noticing it. It's just pushing air without having any presence.

But thanks again! :)

Those strings must be samples... They couldn't be MIDI... Could they?

Cool tape-fluttery effect on the his vocal! You have a deft producer's touch when it comes to these dubby atmosphere's. You should release something (says the guy who hasn't released anything either)!

Those strings must be samples... They couldn't be MIDI... Could they

Cool tape-fluttery effect on the his vocal! You have a deft producer's touch when it comes to these dubby atmosphere's. You should release something (says the guy who hasn't released anything either)!

Or... could the strings could be actual recordings? :)

The tremolo-like effect on the vocals was actually not my choice. I was looking for the acapella/multitracks one morning and stumbled upon this shit show: "Heaven (King Unique Acapella Remix - Seaman’s Group Therapy Meeting)". It's part of a compilation called "Renaissance - The Masters Series". The guy behind the compilation had stretched the vocals down from 90 bpm to somewhere around 60, so the vocals were completely destroyed. So after I sped the vocals back up the fast tremolo effect happened. It sounds pretty cool but it's nearly impossible to hear what he's singing.

Yeah, I should really get to work on that EP I've been babbling about for the last 2-3 years...

I like a lot of what you did here. For me this track has a very lynchesque vibe to it. Somebody should make a music video for it.

I see old photographs buring in an ash tray and a 67 years old lady sitting infront of it, while rubbing the head of a little monkey.

Also:

I digged a bit into your dubs on sc. Thank you very much for sharing these deep sounds to us deep heads.

I like a lot of what you did here. For me this track has a very lynchesque vibe to it. Somebody should make a music video for it.

I see old photographs buring in an ash tray and a 67 years old lady sitting infront of it, while rubbing the head of a little monkey.

Also:

I digged a bit into your dubs on sc. Thank you very much for sharing these deep sounds to us deep heads.

Thanks, man!

As a huge fan of Lynch I truly appreciate your kind words :) I've gone over my favorite Lynch scenes in my head and I can't quite think of any scenes that might would work with my remix.

And thanks for listening to my other tunes, liking and commenting on them. Appreciate it! :)

I was hoping this was a Squee-afied remix of Depeche Mode's Heaven... Still, Unkle floats my boat! Good remix!

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen you in the YLC, papa!

I actually did a remix of Depeche Mode a couple of years ago but it was fucking terrible, haha.

And thanks! Appreciate it! :)

Archived