IGNORED

Cylob - Inflatable Hope

i think he might be autistic.

ive talkedd with curtis roads via email and read his books, i think he might be aspergers

i don't think there is any doubt Cylob is a genius, whether he's 'autistic' or not is a different story.

There is a quality to his melodies that i don't find in much other music. Other artists like Plaid and Squarepusher play around with similar key changes and bent pop melodies but not quite like Cylob. Part of me wonders if he uses some kind of mathematical deterministic technique to make chord progressions or melodies (like a purposefully tweaked/fucked up markov chain?).

just got this now, sounds pretty good after a first listen, nice to hear some of the more mental sounds from the lobster tracks era making a return, but keeping with the utterly bizarre melodies he's been gravitating towards in recent years. will need a few more listens I think to get the full measure of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Granular Psychosis is ridiculous

can't get enough of it

sounds great @ "33.3rpm" too (0.74 speed)

proper braindanze ra (;

I always thought that track was meant to be 33 and he was having a bit of a piss?

All this afx "45 or 33" biz or whatever. I think it sounds better at 33rpm

Archived