IGNORED

Franklin Stephens skateboarding to Heliosphan

Polytrix

Probably the first time I heard an Aphex Twin track and considering I watched this skate video 1000s of times, I couldn't help but want more. It works really well at times...music matching the action so I'd say it's a good watch. Skateboarding movies always have incredible soundtracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSKPxGLDu1Y

Nice. Never heard of that guy until just now and have seen a lot of videos too. The only time I can recall Aphex Twin being in a video was in one of the CKYs (CKY 2 I think, in the intro). I also recall hearing Autechre ("Tewe") in an Audio advertisement.

this is the only other part i can remember right now that has some kind of electronic music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy1vuubPhDs

you can keep suiciding now

edit: 2nd song isn't bad though. i would smoke some collie weed & watch a california sunset to that :cool:

Jaws goes big. Holy shit.

Yeah. This was from a video called Day In The City which used to come taped to Sidewalk...a UK skate magazine.

It used to be a dream of mine to skate London. There were some really cool parts in the video set to great music.

The Alien Workshop movies are usually set to amazing music!!!

Guest Chesney

I have skated with Frank a few times, so has another watmmer I know. He's a good dude.

Tewe was the intro to Adio's One step beyond video.

Some good electronic music has been used in skate video's but mainly for intro's or segments. Eyen, Olsen to name a couple

Ah that's cool :) Yeah he has really cool style.

I haven't skated in ages since fracturing my knee. Now it's all good I can slowly get back into it but need to be careful.

Just cruising is so nice. I think skating is generally misunderstood and unappreciated by most people.

Guest Chesney

Oh crazy, hope your knee gets better, I have just had an MRI on mine and hopefully they'll find something to fix ha.

on the topic of injuries, i'm 24 and haven't really had knee problems yet and i'm like 6'2 6'3. shoulders are a different story though. for some reason i've hurt both shoulders with surgery on one :D i don't know whats fucking up my right wrist more; being on a computer all the time or skateboarding into adulthood.

Guest Londonskater

Yeah. This was from a video called Day In The City which used to come taped to Sidewalk...a UK skate magazine.

It used to be a dream of mine to skate London. There were some really cool parts in the video set to great music.

The Alien Workshop movies are usually set to amazing music!!!

Ha. This is pretty funny. Rich and Frank are good mates. I made the part with Mark Brewster on that video.

First edit I ever really put together aside from old VHS to VHS stuff.

I'm still making videos. Getting skaters to use AFX is a nightmare. I've tried over and over!

I did get to use Flim for an off cuts edit once.

Alan Glass once used a lot of the prepared piano pieces in the Heroin skateboards video called "everything going to be alright"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Londonskater

Some good electronic music has been used in skate video's but mainly for intro's or segments. Eyen, Olsen to name a couple

First broadcast and viewfinder 2.

Epic.

Are you saying Richard D James and Franklin Stephens are mates?

I love First Broadcast...remember watching that to death.

Post a video you've recently made set to great tunes then!

HAHA so cool you did the Brewster part...I remember thinking the nosegrind up the rail was intense.

Guest Londonskater

Rich Holland - the guy who made franks part.

I'll try to dig out the edit which used Flim. It'll be online somewhere.

Otherwise, these days it's all brand dictated music. Nothing amazing used.

Shame. I love just really well done stylish lines done to really well chosen music.

I could watch Jason Dill skate all day without getting bored....doubt the music would do much for me though

Guest Londonskater

He skated to that RDJ inspired Radiohead tube in Photosynthesis. That worked.

Mo Wax and Ninja Tune stuff got used for a while. There's been a few Warp tunes over the years, but nothing much.

I always thought RDJ's ambient stuff would work well with skating. Never really tried much, though.

This thread has reminded me of a video I did 8 years ago.

http://youtu.be/bFkj3RA4fhI

It was for a contest on a skate forum I used to frequent. If I recall, we had to make a 30 sec edit set to a fast-paced track.

Be warned of the piss weak skating/editing/camerawork.

Guest Londonskater

Opens with Plaid - Eyen

Epic UK video.

Second song is a Broadcast mix of Badly Drawn Boy (Eurgh).

Theres some random bits of music created by a guy called Mark Jackson which are quite good... http://www.markj.co.uk/

Archived