IGNORED

Soundcloud Poll

Tatdylf

im not necessarily supporting this particular poll (maybe it shouldn't be held here, etc etc), but all the people disagreeing with the idea of a poll for various reasons, seem to be forgetting or ignoring the fact that *the man* himself suggested the idea. if he wanted to pick the tracks out himself, he probably wouldn't have said 'if a poll were set up'. and i didn't see anything in what he said about wanting to wait until he was done, either.

Guest gorfman666

the poll doesnt allow for me to add votes after casting.... you should allow this or we wont be able to vote on new songs

I really should have been noting which tracks I liked right after listening to them. Now I have to re-listen to the majority of the batch!

mine's a custom written thing (django backend, frontend is datatables that parses json). voting on the top X tracks is what i'm aiming at, with it overlaying on top of a soundcloud account so it updates automatically when new tracks are added (and allows for votes to be changed by revisiting the site).

(afx responded to me on soundcloud about mine, but waiting to hear back from him before i elaborate)

i will point out though - nothing's stopping anybody from participating in multiple polls?

feel free to use my stats page (voting will be added to it - it's just an early version without voting) to get an idea of what tracks are likely worth voting for - http://catstick.com/soundcloud/afx/(sort by plays, likes, etc).

mine's a custom written thing (django backend, frontend is datatables that parses json). voting on the top X tracks is what i'm aiming at, with it overlaying on top of a soundcloud account so it updates automatically when new tracks are added (and allows for votes to be changed by revisiting the site).

Lush! Looks nice.

Sorry if my reply was unclear. The web nerd details you mentioned were exactly what I was after. Curious what you were up to since I am a web developer by day myself.

I don't think I can vote in this or any other poll until I've digested what we've been given so far. It's early days and I still discover new favourites and a many are growers. I will return in five years or something.

It's too fucking early for polls, just let Richard do his thing and continue the uploads of tracks, stop being so fucking impatient. There will be time for polls after he's finished. Which could be months away yet.

Guest bitroast

mm^ well, xf mentioned messaging him on rdj about his poll ideas so i'm sure some agreement can come about the best way to do it all.

one thing i hope a proper pressing would have is some consideration to track flow, album theme, etc.

straight up album of the best tracks might be a really chaotic listen. taking some liberties at ignoring some of the tracks in favour of a more concise flowing listen would not upset me exactly. but i guess in the end, it doesn't matter too much because the soundcloud dump still exists and nothing is going to change that now hehe. an album with as many 'favourites' as possible probably is a good idea to make everyone happy.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

It's too fucking early for polls, just let Richard do his thing and continue the uploads of tracks, stop being so fucking impatient. There will be time for polls after he's finished. Which could be months away yet.

Richard literally asked for someone to make a poll and you're acting like the person that made the poll is somehow wrong to do so? Here's the quote in case you missed it btw, was posted in his bio section a few days ago:

In answer to a lot of messages:

hmmm..i think if there were some sort of poll or something, I would get the best of/faves mastered & pressed up/backed up.

I can make almost all of these tracks sound A LOT better, if I transfer them properly myself and then master them .

There are lots of other releases planned on Warp but it could fit in fine there somewhere.

(afx responded to me on soundcloud about mine, but waiting to hear back from him before i elaborate)

i will point out though - nothing's stopping anybody from participating in multiple polls?

feel free to use my stats page (voting will be added to it - it's just an early version without voting) to get an idea of what tracks are likely worth voting for - http://catstick.com/soundcloud/afx/(sort by plays, likes, etc).

Looks great!!!

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

xf deserves some serious kudos after buying Rich the pro account AND sorting out the whole poll situation.

Let's all buy him a pint. And Joyrex, hook the dude up with free lifetime membership. :beer:

+1

:catsalute:

no poll 4 me, can't choose, want all tracks from soundcloud, need to listen & listen & listen them all 2 discover & rediscover all those tracks... The first listening 2 a song is never the same at the 2nd listening... so on until the title begins 2 bore me... 2 u say need 2 rediscover what we already listened 2 better know the title.

Archived