IGNORED

microGranny

TRiP

Anyone have one of these cute lil' numbers?

Granular sampler - 16bit samples play off microSD card, 8bit samples can be recorded in live with built in mic. MIDI sync'able few other cool things

Just bought one on a slightly impulse buy ( :cat: ) but had wanted to pick up some sort of sampler and this looks like it really lends itself to a live tweekable vibe

Any users out there have any tips or thoughts to share?

this looks really interesting. + it's rather cheap, and brno isn't far from here!

tell us your thoughts when you get it, trip!!

Yeah please post your personal anecdotes about the various controllable parameters and such. It looks interesting, but it sounds like straight up granular synthesis. I am interested in anything unique with it.

That Lo fi requium track is pretty good, imagine if a heavy vinyalistic retro hip hoppy beat were dropped on over it, would make for an awesome track.

On this page, there's a playlist with the stuff toward the bottom: http://www.bastl-instruments.com/instruments/microgranny/

Uh oh, there are a lot of pops and clicks in those demos. Hmm. A few would be okay, but it sounds overly saturated with them. Definitely good for something Lo-Fi like requiem in your first post. But it might be hard to mix in with "cleaner" music.

Probably wont arrive for 2-3 weeks...so until then...

Does it feel like you're waiting for Christmas? heh.

I expect a full report when it arrives Captain.

Bought one too, still waiting. :shuriken:

I hope no one will think i'm getting a referral fee :fear:

Nice, which model/colour? I went for the black pigeon!

On this page, there's a playlist with the stuff toward the bottom: http://www.bastl-instruments.com/instruments/microgranny/

Uh oh, there are a lot of pops and clicks in those demos. Hmm. A few would be okay, but it sounds overly saturated with them. Definitely good for something Lo-Fi like requiem in your first post. But it might be hard to mix in with "cleaner" music.

Probably wont arrive for 2-3 weeks...so until then...

Does it feel like you're waiting for Christmas? heh.

I expect a full report when it arrives Captain.

It does indeed sound mighty clicky...so as you say, lo-fi vibes a plenty, but i'm always happy for dirtying up a track

i'll have that report on your desk first thing Monday morning, sir! (actually scratch that, it probably wont arrive by then)

YES YES! My Microgranny will arrive next week. :w00t:

Your order is complete and shipped

Dear customer,

Your order has been shipped now. Sorry for automated e-mail - we are humans, but sometimes we use robots to do our job.

We use Czech post for shipping and the delivery takes about a week in Europe and about 2 weeks out of Europe.

Please do not reply to this e-mail.

YES YES! My Microgranny will arrive next week. :w00t:

Your order is complete and shipped

Dear customer,

Your order has been shipped now. Sorry for automated e-mail - we are humans, but sometimes we use robots to do our job.

We use Czech post for shipping and the delivery takes about a week in Europe and about 2 weeks out of Europe.

Please do not reply to this e-mail.

dag'nabit, when did you order yours?

I only received an email initially after purchase, but no sign of another shipping confirmation email :wacko:

I only received an email initially after purchase, but no sign of another shipping confirmation email :wacko:

About a month ago. I also received that single email at the start then a looong time nothing and finally that one. Bastl is a small company. Looks to me like there is manual soldering involved, these products are hand made.

Dont give up on them, they must have been overrun after Musikmesse.

About a month ago. I also received that single email at the start then a looong time nothing and finally that one. Bastl is a small company. Looks to me like there is manual soldering involved, these products are hand made.

Dont give up on them, they must have been overrun after Musikmesse.

Saints be praised - i just got that email confirmation a couple hours ago!

Now the race is on to see who receives first :cisfor:

Unboxing pics on arrival? :emb:

:spiteful:

Unboxing pics on arrival? :emb:

May I enter the game ? :p

granny.jpg

microGranny'nauts, assemble!

I finally received my adorable granny yesterday, been playing around with it and getting the feel for it...however i have come to a problem

I can’t seem to get my head around it’s sync’ing ability – I’ve been using my Machinedrum as the master (MIDI OUT of MD to MIDI IN of MG) and I can’t seem to get the two of them looping correctly – the microGranny seems to just do it’s own thing and not respond to start or end points of the Machinedrums sequences (or tempo changes)

Am i missing a step or setting this up incorrectly? I have the ‘sync’ activated, I launch a sample, place it on ‘repeat’ and then it just seems to go off on it’s own – pressing play or stop on the Machinedrum doesn’t seem to alter the sample (and i’m fairly sure I have the right setting on the MD set ‘tempo out’ + ‘ctrl out’)

Does anyone have any ideas? Or can explain their sync/loop set-up with their respective drum machine/sequencer?

Many thanks!

Ha I have one, but I never got it working. :( The guys that made it are czech. :D i went to a workshop here in Prague to build it but I had ot leave early and missed the last bit. I think I have the first version. Shame I never managed to get it working :(

wow all the seperate color schemes look amazing! love that clear one gah

just waiting on my lot of Bastl euro modules :emotawesomepm9:

still trying to plan a powered case for the lot of them

microGranny'nauts, assemble!

I finally received my adorable granny yesterday, been playing around with it and getting the feel for it...however i have come to a problem

I can’t seem to get my head around it’s sync’ing ability – I’ve been using my Machinedrum as the master (MIDI OUT of MD to MIDI IN of MG) and I can’t seem to get the two of them looping correctly – the microGranny seems to just do it’s own thing and not respond to start or end points of the Machinedrums sequences (or tempo changes)

Am i missing a step or setting this up incorrectly? I have the ‘sync’ activated, I launch a sample, place it on ‘repeat’ and then it just seems to go off on it’s own – pressing play or stop on the Machinedrum doesn’t seem to alter the sample (and i’m fairly sure I have the right setting on the MD set ‘tempo out’ + ‘ctrl out’)

Does anyone have any ideas? Or can explain their sync/loop set-up with their respective drum machine/sequencer?

Many thanks!

I did not try that, what excatly do you want to get sync'ed? The speed of the sample? I currently use it for playing live noises and backing track noise layers which works quite well.

Archived