IGNORED

microGranny

TRiP

I won't be of any help since I did not try to get it sync'ed yet.

Let us know when you do :cisfor:

I did not try that, what excatly do you want to get sync'ed? The speed of the sample? I currently use it for playing live noises and backing track noise layers which works quite well.

Just want to sync the MG's loop start positions to the tempo, so it loops on the beat

Just want to sync the MG's loop start positions to the tempo, so it loops on the beat

uhm... the documentation says it can only sync to end positions.

MIDI CC

microGranny reacts to MIDI CC messages to set the parameters of the sound. CC mapping is: 102 = SAMPLE RATE, 103 = CRUSH, 104 = ATTACK, 105 =, 106 = GRAIN SIZE, 107 = GRAIN SPEED, 108 = START, 109 = END, 0 = preset change. Modulation wheel sets the GRAIN SIZE and Sustain pedal is also, too.

MIDI Synchronisation

microGranny can synchronize the GRAIN SIZE and END position (and looping in general) to MIDI Clock. When it receives the clock message it turns automatically to slave. You can turn off the synchronisation of individual sounds by turning off the SYNC parameter. When in sync mode, the settings GRAIN SIZE or END are indicated on the display as multiple or division of one beat. This means that if the GRAIN SIZE is set to 1 the GRAIN is one beat long (24 MIDI clocks).

uhm... the documentation says it can only sync to end positions.

end position, eh? that boggles my mind...however i seem to have gotten it working for now:

https://instagram.com/p/3_sB3alADu/

I love my granny #microgranny #bastl #machinedrum #eventidespace #polyglove

A video posted by PolyGlove (@polyglove) on

Jun 16, 2015 at 8:30am PDT

• 2 months later...

In case anyone missed it - Bastl just released v2.4 firmware update! Looks like it's improved greatly and more editable and stable :happy:

Think they'll send you a free upgrade chip if you owned a 'limited edition' version (Not sure if the black pigeon i got was...I emailed them asking) Other wise it's €5, unless you have audrino skillz

n (Not sure if the black pigeon i got was...I emailed them asking)

Did they reply ? ;)

Yes! Just earlier today, asked for my post details...soooo seems i'm getting it for free! :emotawesomepm9:

I'm outta luck...

"there used to be free upgrades avalaible for owners of old limited editions of Microgrannies with 2.0 software that had a bug in it. Those Grannies had very rare cases made of old parts, however Black Pigeons don't fall under this category.
Thank you for your understanding,"

I'm outta luck...

"there used to be free upgrades avalaible for owners of old limited editions of Microgrannies with 2.0 software that had a bug in it. Those Grannies had very rare cases made of old parts, however Black Pigeons don't fall under this category.

Thank you for your understanding,"

Dang, hard luck

at least €5'r aint so bad, would have happily paid it if they said no...hopefully they wont add VAT onto that :facepalm:

on paper it looks like they really have tightened the fuck out'a it, so here's hoping it'll be better than ever!

• 2 months later...

Now you guys have had these for a few months how are they? Do you get much use out of them of have they been played with and put in a corner? I'm interested in getting one.

I've definitely found them quite productive and creative to use

They can still be a bit buggy at times - midi trips and 'stuck' audio grains - but a quick plug out/plug in sorts that. Navigating them can also be a bit head scratching and a bit confusing at times, usually have to refer to the manual to save and move and find presets, but if you spend enough time with it it becomes muscle memory

I think importing your own samples and tweeking them around while locked to a MIDI clock is where it really shines for me - finding a nice looped variation of a sample, then duplicating it and jumping back and forth between the two (or more!)

maybe i still havn't really got my head around how each parameter is effecting the sound but I find it can start to 'do its own thing' at times and not really follow the sync perfectly - but that's the charm and in a way it adds more character and randomness to your tracks

here's a quick jam I had with it a few months back, think i'm just tweeking the start and end time of the loop, samples from my friends santoor, you can hear how it can hit sweet spots now and then but also bum notes:

https://soundcloud.com/polyglove/santoor-fun/s-MJm9J

*edit - not sure why it's not displaying, but if you click "listen on soundcloud it should bring er' up*

Now you guys have had these for a few months how are they? Do you get much use out of them of have they been played with and put in a corner? I'm interested in getting one.

I use it on most of my tracks. It does what it does.

Archived