IGNORED

Any classic Drum& Bass/Neurofunk DJ's around?

chim

I'm hopelessly infatuated with the DnB/Neuro/Tech step sound from the classic 97-2002ish period, the virus records, ed rush, matrix stuff etc. Straight back beats and repetitive ugly bass stuff, none of that Photeky jungly breaks rolling and none of the overproduction in later years. I love to stream mixes with this stuff on my iPhone when I am out and about, but there's not a huge amount of this stuff circling about in good quality long mixes, YouTube sucks on the later iOs so I have to resort to mix cloud and soundcloud. I have pretty much exhausted most stuff on there by now, most mixes are low quality.

I don't have the time to put anything together myself. If any good and kind DJ would like to put a mix of this stuff together and put it out on mixcloud or soundcloud, I'll throw you some beer money via PayPal. Doesn't have to be all vinyl or anything fancy like that, and don't be afraid to resort to other artists than ed rush & optical! Just beat match it properly, make it longer than an hour or two and you'll be my new hero, plus be played on a lot of parties.

Here are some examples of the style I mean:

https://www.mixcloud.com/addamz/addamz-old-school-drum-and-bass-live-set-kuplung-20150320

https://soundcloud.com/deejayoptical/15-years-of-virus-mix-by-dj

Thanks!

Yummm.. I too love this stuff, nothing like that early neurofunk /dnb..

I once heard thus awesome 90s album that was actually sort of a fusion of that neurofunk / dnb and very hard psytrance, cant remember the name, but it the title / artist had something to do with hacking / virus... Playing that stuff over headphones at work always makes me feel like im Neo in the Matrix or im hacking some government conputer lol .. Super adrenaline rush.. Im all jacked in and i can focus like ive never focused before.

I'm mainly talking about the artist Matrix but the visuals of the hi tech of that era really fit well with the slightly aged hi tech sound design of the music. Wormhole has a strong wipeout/Playstation one vibe to me, and even better - it's made with all analog synths recorded straight into mixer. :) the old video game Extreme-G had some drum and bass going on, probably my first exposure. The (at the time) advanced graphics, high speed racing and the sleek dnb tuneage was a match made in heaven.

Some good stuff in this one, together with a great cassette 98 sound! Trying hard not to turn this into a 90s jungle thread, we already have one of those, but it has some great back beat funk stuff going on amidst the amen stuff.

https://www.mixcloud.com/djmikelennon/98-dnb-set/

Archived