IGNORED

Vote On Your Favourite User18081971 Tracks!

Joyrex

this poll will be up for a while i hope? i need a few more weeks for the surfing on sinewaves 2 playlist

and a few more month's for my favorite dumps

it'll run for months +

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now you guys are discussing this... be keen for opinions!

i've been discussing this with rich, in terms of being able to see the results versus doing it blind.

having the votes public absolutely will be causing some bias, but having done some stuff in the past similar to this i strongly suspect that this bias will level out over a high enough level of voters. consider the three options people will take: most people are just going to vote for tracks they like regardless, with a smaller percentage voting either for the tracks displaying highest OR lesser loved tracks to give them more love. i believe it will even out, esp given people can come back and change their vote.

having this stuff public too makes the site a TON more interesting... and will encourage more discussion around it, which means more voters. i strongly suspect that having these votes public will actually lead to a 'top 20' which is way more representative of what the fans want.

on the other hand... there's definitely an argument in doing this blind, BUT it makes the site a ton more boring. right now I'm visiting it regularly to see the latest votes (and even adjusting my own votes as I remember killer tracks). i think people will forget about the poll quickly if there's no interesting information coming from it... which will probably lead to less accurate results.

also been throwing around the idea of 'starring' tracks or similar - like there's a secondary rating system for maybe 5 tracks you can use to mark your absolute favourites, and only rich can see that. so a mix of both worlds.

thoughts, guys?

I like the starring idea a lot. Personally, my top five tracks that I voted for I just took my votes off once I saw how heavily preferred they were. Looking down the list I noticed a few of my personal favorites that had just a few votes, immediately moved my votes to those. Maybe the starring would be a better option for that. There's no arguing that cheetah3, pretend anal og, organs, or corny springs are big tunes. I think everyone can agree on that, obviously they are going to get a disproportionate number of votes, they're fully fleshed out 'apfex twinnish' things.

Also, separate thought here- quite a few of these rips sound great, some even in the 128kbs stream. I'm thinking about which would benefit most from remastering; there's a few that I think would really come to life.

Also, separate thought here- quite a few of these rips sound great, some even in the 128kbs stream. I'm thinking about which would benefit most from remastering; there's a few that I think would really come to life.

And furthermore, some I think just wouldn't! Some of the older tracks like Sams Car and Chink 101 sound perfect as is, can't imagine they could be improved much from proper mastering.

And furthermore, some I think just wouldn't! Some of the older tracks like Sams Car and Chink 101 sound perfect as is, can't imagine they could be improved much from proper mastering.

Heliosphan Live is a good example too. It has to be one of my most-loved tracks of everything he's ever done, but I'd be reluctant to put it in my Top 20/40 if the 320k copy Richard let us download is essentially the same file he played on the '97 tour, as that is probably as good as that track was meant to sound.

Edited by jsmcpn

wtf xf is the mayor of New Aegypt!! Site's fucking excellent and the design is great!

top of my wishlist would be to be able to play thru and mix up your saved playlist. It would be incredible to be able to change up the mix on the fly!

And I support vote transparency, putting the numbers up is a good idea...it would be amazing to see stats changing in real time! :emotawesomepm9:

now you guys are discussing this... be keen for opinions!

i've been discussing this with rich, in terms of being able to see the results versus doing it blind.

having the votes public absolutely will be causing some bias, but having done some stuff in the past similar to this i strongly suspect that this bias will level out over a high enough level of voters. consider the three options people will take: most people are just going to vote for tracks they like regardless, with a smaller percentage voting either for the tracks displaying highest OR lesser loved tracks to give them more love. i believe it will even out, esp given people can come back and change their vote.

having this stuff public too makes the site a TON more interesting... and will encourage more discussion around it, which means more voters. i strongly suspect that having these votes public will actually lead to a 'top 20' which is way more representative of what the fans want.

on the other hand... there's definitely an argument in doing this blind, BUT it makes the site a ton more boring. right now I'm visiting it regularly to see the latest votes (and even adjusting my own votes as I remember killer tracks). i think people will forget about the poll quickly if there's no interesting information coming from it... which will probably lead to less accurate results.

also been throwing around the idea of 'starring' tracks or similar - like there's a secondary rating system for maybe 5 tracks you can use to mark your absolute favourites, and only rich can see that. so a mix of both worlds.

thoughts, guys?

starring idea sounds good considering that richard is only using this as a base to compile something.

regarding the mix of different music... agreed, but i wouldn't expect any different from a 'best of' style vote tbh.

encourage you guys to start putting together SC playlists that make up more coherent 'releases' of similar material. will be adding a feature soon that lets people import, share and vote on their SC playlists - at the absolute least having a community effort to organise the dump into virtual albums will make it WAY more great to listen to.

THIS!!!

Plus I definitely like the starring idea.

Do you have any idea how many people have voted so far (might be a nice statistic to show on the site) and if Richard will post the url on the SC page for more voters? I can imagine not everyone knows about the url up until now.

Both the 'starring' and playlist ideas sound good to me. Excited to see this stuff in motion!

Heliosphan Live is a good example too. It has to be one of my most-loved tracks of everything he's ever done, but I'd be reluctant to put it in my Top 20/40 if the 320k copy Richard let us download is essentially the same file he played on the '97 tour, as that is probably as good as that track was meant to sound.

I'm with you, man. It made my Top 20 but I'm tempted to replace it with something that isn't getting enough love. Also, would Warp even be able to release it? Surely with R&S/Apollo (presumably) owning the rights to the original Heliosphan, it could cause some kind of copyright conflict?

Thanks for the excellent site@xf and others!

I'll going with this for now:

• 8 Utopia
  • Ssnb
  • ?ƒ? [rough mix]
  • High Hats Tune Tamclap Orig
  • 70`s Tune
  • Dance And Play
  • 4 Red Calx[slo]
  • Bradley Echoes
  • D15 - Dulcimer Dub
  • (watery big ez)
  • Floating
  • Notting Hill Bus
  • Cottage Af1
  • Triple D
  • Medievil Rave MK2
  • slothscrape
  • 179 brk
  • Tsim 2
  • Cheetah3 TEAC
  • Pretend Analog Extmix 2b

Good times!

this poll will be up for a while i hope? i need a few more weeks for the surfing on sinewaves 2 playlist

it'll run for months +

hellfuck yeah, xf thanks so much, the site is amazing!!!

Of what?

Of many things... stay TUNED, don't touch that DIAL

ONLY THE BEGINNING!

That live-action movie they are doing makes me die inside a little bit...

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

it'll run for months +

You are indeed the maniton :)

ONLY THE BEGINNING!

:cattears:

Whittled my list down to 30. Gonna be hard to shave another 10 off....

In no particular order:

band pass beat

pianox
clapstab
6 step up
space beat
symbonsad
bimbongo
vtnm2
pearls
sline
kids beach