IGNORED

Vote On Your Favourite User18081971 Tracks!

Joyrex

Guest cult fiction

The Richard D. Jams™ Album

cheetah3 teac

cottage4 af

T08+4

CHEETAH7 teac

system700 comp

T13 quadraverb

18 elb2

pretend analog extmix 2b

throw in the other cottage, and let me throw some money at a vinyl pls

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Richard D. Jams™ Album

cheetah3 teac

cottage4 af

T08+4

CHEETAH7 teac

system700 comp

T13 quadraverb

18 elb2

pretend analog extmix 2b

Haha, brilliant name (and good picks too)

I made 2 ordered playlists/albums of my 30 favourites (not including SAW 1.5 since I like that playlist as is, and not including the 2 Cheetah tracks already earmarked for release). I've zipped them up with covers and ID3 tags if anyone is interested. Please do not laugh at my artworks.

TOZwFX3.jpg

01. 3 organ velocity

02. notting hill bus

03. T08+4

04. 17 elb1

05. cottage3 e

06. cottage4 af 1

07. 18 elb2

08. prncDMC

09. quad rave TEAC

10. 6 fly beats

11. 23 lush acid

12. (mortal1)

13. 7 cutting

14. 179brk2

15. 14 make a baby

1 hour, 132.5 MB

https://www.sendspace.com/file/wsgkop

v0IGlLP.jpg

01. 19 slow early morning

02. 15 autumn travels

03. 1 lmt

04. 22 pearls

05. 15 sekonda

06. 11 Phlid 2 (rip)

07. 1 nocares

08. 8 utopia

09. d15-8 ny groove2

10. 3 gerald remix

11. d15-10 dulcimer dub

12. 37 off key [bicycle wheel]

13. (taut)

14. 3 slothscrape

15. blue carpet

1 hour and 15 minutes, 165.2 MB

https://www.sendspace.com/file/v644dn

Thanks again to Richard for sharing so much of his work in this way and thanks to xf, Joyex and other fans efforts for organising voting/websites/soundcloud question and comments/compiling files etc, that helps us grapple with this mountain of great music. :beer:

Guest bitroast

Please do not laugh at my artworks.

hehehe.

both look solid tbh. gonna grab n listen because a lot of favvy tracks are showing up and i haven't given playlists much consideration recently so this is perfect :)

New version is up with a bunch of new voting options - Richard asked for a hidden 'most loved' and 'can't get into' vote on top of the public top 30.

Before I shoot out an email to everybody, can WATMM'ers please test + let me know if all OK?

http://user18081971.watmm.com/

2015-07-05, @xfxf:

• votes now automatically save (no save button). "reset vote" is now where save button was.
  • now supports additional dynamic polls
  • now supports making polls private (rdj requested)
  • two extra polls (rdj requested) - loved (10, multiselect, hidden), can't get into (10, multiselect, hidden).
  • original poll renamed to 'my top 30' (30, single select, public).
  • mobile and tablet specific responsiveness changed/improved, new UI for mobile
  • navigation/popup menus added
  • FAQ added, profile expanded on
  • many backend/frontend improvements
  • tracks default to random sort, instead of uploaded date. can still sort columns.

New version is up with a bunch of new voting options - Richard asked for a hidden 'most loved' and 'can't get into' vote on top of the public top 30.

Before I shoot out an email to everybody, can WATMM'ers please test + let me know if all OK?

2015-07-05, @xfxf:

• votes now automatically save (no save button). "reset vote" is now where save button was.
  • two extra polls (rdj requested) - loved (10, multiselect, hidden), can't get into (10, multiselect, hidden).
  • tracks default to random sort, instead of uploaded date. can still sort columns.

What happened to the Search box? Was so handy to use...

2015-07-05, @xfxf:

It got stuck trying to load 1st time, but a refresh sorted that out. Looking very nice, clean. Gave the "other" polls a whirl and they seem to be working fine, the only slight error (if it even is one) is on the Loved poll, it says 5 votes in the description thing, I'm assuming that should say 10?

Anyway, top work as always, thanks xf. Interesting times, can't wait to see what eventually becomes of this.

Actually never mind the "5 should be 10" comment, I was looking at the wrong bit. So xf, does that "5 votes" mean five people have given the new poll a try, or that only 5 songs have got votes so far?

Search being gone is a bug, not intentional. It means 5 people have voted on that specific poll. All good feedback, will make tweaks!

good stuff.

small bug: I selected 10 tracks for the most loved, then un-selected one from the left-side list, but the entry on the right-side list remained selected.

I'm becoming very familiar with most of the tracks now - it helps having a 3hr commute every day!

I go to Japan at the end of august so will do a mega-binge on the flight/transfers -> 17hrs of "new" Aphex.

What the fuck planet am i on!??

imma keen for some thoughts on the playlist implementation (been playing with several concepts for a few weeks, not 100% happy with any). these are 100% my thoughts btw, discussions with rdj have been around the polls.

the idea is simple - i want to enable us to make 'community curated playlists' we all roughly agree on. listening to 220 tracks is overwhelming. breaking that up into 10-15 pseudo "releases" of tracks makes it way more interesting.
each playlist could have a download button that either spits out a playlist file, or could ZIP up a "release" with all of the tracks properly mp3 tagged etc. also all options will come with improvements to the website player (so you can play the full playlist direct off the site).
potential implementations - (i want to implement one of these, not all three)

a) create your own playlist on soundcloud, there's a button to import/update these to the voting site, then people can vote on each other's playlists.

b) i create a bunch of pre-filled in playlists (maybe labelled with a style of music, or a roughly known 'rdj era'), people vote for tracks in each playlist from a big list.

c) i implement 'tagging'. there's a page for people to make tags, then everybody can tag tracks. there's a playlist per tag showing the most voted tracks.

a is pretty straight forward to do, mostly done already actually, but i question how well it's gonna work with a heap of people's playlists.

b + c aren't going to work well unless we can somehow vote on sorting the final playlists, which requires a whole bunch of changes and possible confusion, and there's a whole bunch of other implementation details that come up.

thoughts?

also, am i even trying to solve a problem (creating community curated playlists) other people care about?

Edited by xf

I've made a few mixes, not saying they're brilliant but would love a place for fan-made mixes to be accumulated too as that's how I think of the tracks as opposed to straight playlists.

am all ears.....lash them up on mixcloud!

i like option a, xf. making a playlist as a group sounds like trouble.

im working on some playlists that include eq treatments of some user songs. seems like with option A that wouldn't mean any extra work for you, right? i'll just upload my eqed versions to sc.

disclaimer: dont attack me pls, rich said "none of these uploads have been mastered by the way so you might need to tweak the eq a bit, like this one needs a bit more low added etc."

Edited by very honest