IGNORED

Vote On Your Favourite User18081971 Tracks!

Joyrex

Just hit 1001 votes on the "top 30", and 1668 total accounts on the system.

(There has been a ton more votes if I count vote changes... the 1001 refers to total people who have voted).

A little disappointed this isn't higher - there are 70K followers on soundcloud and there has to be a gob of aphex fans who want to get involved.

Is it that people don't know about this thing?

Except for a tiny link without explanation in the profile description of his account there isn't any publicity (save for watmm). Not my favourite thing to say, but it could be a good idea to notify RA, Fact Mag, etc. Aphex himself could post it on his facebook or twitter but hasn't so far, maybe he just want the """diehard""" fans to vote?

Maybe somebody on this forum could write a good article regarding the dump and submit it to one of these guys. So far what has been written regarding the soundcloud release has been misleading and messy at best. If you don't follow this forum or the reddit thread, you really are getting mixed messages about whether it has been taken down, the legitimacy etc etc.

With some good journalism and pointing the right direction, maybe the voting would explode.

Just did. Trying to think of other relevant online magazines now.

I think NME is online now as well mate.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Noice! Last week the count was about 1050 users who voted for a top 30, now it's almost 1400, so it had some effect :)

Yes, i think it had an effect on the number of followers on his SC page aswell.

Went up by a bit in a very short amount of time. before last week it wasn't that quick.

^ Noice! Last week the count was about 1050 users who voted for a top 30, now it's almost 1400, so it had some effect :)

nice going dood

winding road, sline, tribaltronics mfm and dp5 beats need more love

nice going dood

winding road, sline, tribaltronics mfm and dp5 beats need more love

winding road is so lush

There's been several hundred new accounts per day signing up (most haven't voted yet) since those articles, so thankyou, definitely had an effect!

is there a deadline?

Imo, the only deadline concerning this whole event is soundcloud getting a paywall on their website ( http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=30610). Or not, maybe it'll be fine, but it could be something to keep in mind.

There's been several hundred new accounts per day signing up (most haven't voted yet) since those articles, so thankyou, definitely had an effect!

No trouble at all, you did all the real work here :)

I've just made a little tweak to the website to show you guys some more stats (total voters like before - renamed for more clarity - but also shows total individual votes cast + total accounts signed up in the sidebar).

Yep, already have code for that. Do people care? Was really going to do it as a hidden page for rich but if you guys are interested in how votes might change I can make it a public page (for the top30)

been playing around a bit.

couple of thoughts:

- would have preferred to be able to vote for top30, loved and can't get into in the same list (a plus, a hart and a cross or something)

- personally i really don't care whether my votes are hidden (except for rdj) or not. why hidden?

- like the drop down menu's, but would have preferred if they would automatically disappear if my cursor/mouse is outside again. but i understand it has to work on touch-screen as well. so no biggy.

- stats is good. if you can add more, looking at stats is a nice thing to do while listening to soundclouds

- i was looking for a link to rdj's soundcloud on the voting page. couldn't find it. if it isn't there, would be nice to add a link to it. was looking to read through the comments over there.

- this is a bit of stupid thing to say at this point in time, i know, but i can't keep myself from saying it nevertheless: i would love to have a 5 point/star system (as itunes has for example). so instead of voting for a limited number of tracks, you can grade all tracks. 1 point = can't get into/hate it - 5 points = absolutely love it , etc. if richie wants to have a top30, he could just sort the list using the number=points*users and pick the top 30. (perhaps it's better to use [-2, -1, 0, 1, 2] - with 0 being a default. so people who haven't voted wont show up in the sorting thing mentioned earlier)

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

- this is a bit of stupid thing to say at this point in time, i know, but i can't keep myself from saying it nevertheless: i would love to have a 5 point/star system (as itunes has for example). so instead of voting for a limited number of tracks, you can grade all tracks. 1 point = can't get into/hate it - 5 points = absolutely love it , etc. if richie wants to have a top30, he could just sort the list using the number=points*users and pick the top 30. (perhaps it's better to use [-2, -1, 0, 1, 2] - with 0 being a default. so people who haven't voted wont show up in the sorting thing mentioned earlier)

This is a great idea actually. Could have a sixth star of a different colour that you only get 30 of to indicate your top top choices and everything else 0-5 star rating. Nice and simple, would give a pretty in-depth idea of what people's feels are

Guest cult fiction

Yep, already have code for that. Do people care? Was really going to do it as a hidden page for rich but if you guys are interested in how votes might change I can make it a public page (for the top30)

Do you have historical data for votes cast?

I do think it'd be really cool to see a chart of any song's popularity over time

re all polls on one page, the original design was exactly that but it was quite confusing to use IMHO.

this has turned into quite a fun but big project, I've recruited a work colleague (also an aphex fan) into helping me refactor the frontend. I'm in the middle of breaking out the various bits of the site into individual actionable bits and would love help. If you're a developer (css/js/react frontend or Python/django backend) Iget in touch!

and ya, have historical data of votes. seeing how votes trend over time is an important part of this (but I still need to code the visual representations fully)

Edited by xf

You really are a legend xf, also you should put a link to the site in your siG. Also i should 'best answer' the post with the site link, so that it sits at the top of every page in this thread and people don't have to figure out where to go, cause many work makes many less views for many people that are many many lazy.

/like me

Forum member XF and a few other folks have put together an AMAZING voting page for the SoundCloud tracks!

As some of you may or may not know, Richard has mentioned that if there was some way of knowing what tracks were fan favourites, it would help him in putting together a tracklist for a potential release - so, now you can!

Head on over to http://user18081971.watmm.com and vote for your top 20 tracks, all via a slick web app!

You can log in via your SoundCloud account (don't have one - you might want to get one - it's FREE, and there will be more SoundCloud-related WATMM goodness coming soon - stay TUNED!

HUGE props to XF and his team for putting this together so quickly!

lol quoting to make best answer

/refer to me being many many lazy.

gah, it din work, why do i have to be so misunderstanding ... maybe we cleaned up the best answer malarky form rubbishing up the top of thread pages.

hello watmm,

i have now finalized my top 30! i have every reason to believe that "fork rave" is my favourite of everything from the sc uploads.

thanks,

jejejenusmmam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...