IGNORED

US dates

Guest pixelives

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointing?

Fine if it's not your style of music or whatever but to call it disappointing infers that he was somehow subpar in his style. Kind of insulting.

How about "It's not really my thing"?

I'm sorry you feel that way drillkicker
can't say I agree. Cygnus did not disappoint me. he was so passionate and his performance kicked ass.
at times it felt like he was channeling up the ghost of James Stinson. I am glad that Autechre was awesome enough to bring such talent with them on tour. Because honestly, I probably would have never heard of him had he not been on the bill.
Only thing disappointing for me was that he didn't have any fresh wax available for purchase at the show.

Disappointing?

Fine if it's not your style of music or whatever but to call it disappointing infers that he was somehow subpar in his style. Kind of insulting.

By disappointing, I meant nothing new. It just sounded like predictable acid techno to me.

How can you not love this?

In all seriousness this is one of the coolest tracks I've ever heard

It sounds just like something Aphex might have done in the '90s, so it isn't impressive to me. It would have been new 20 (or 25) years ago, but it isn't.

Cygnus was pretty disappointing, honestly. I'm not into dance music, so the set didn't do much for me.

Techno Jesus would like to have a word with you.

But seriously Cygnus was a fun set and I don't usually see a lot of these guys live.

I'm not really sure if these forums are a good fit for you mr drillkicker

edit: I jest of course. But you seem really down on a lot of good artists.

I'm not into most of the artists discussed here, unfortunately. I love Autechre, Aphex, BoC, and µ-Ziq, but the artists I'm really into don't have very active fanbases, so I'm stuck here with all these knob twiddlers.

modz plz change drillkicker's username to dilllicker. thx

Awe, but I hate pickles.

How can you not love this?

In all seriousness this is one of the coolest tracks I've ever heard

A track based on common presets with dated sound as a bonus? Not much nostalgia for me so I have to agree with drillkicker.

I still remember Cygnus back from xltronic's early days, tho whether he remembers a "pachi" I don't know. I can tell he loosened up a little bit @ the Vancouver show though - he even got in front of the set and danced along with the crowd, which was pretty dope.

And that Icasean Sewer Patrol trac is dope too, I dunno what you guys are complaining about.

Disappointed? Huh? Cygnus may have been the highlight of the show to me. I like dancey electro, so I'm probably not the best judge. And don't get me wrong - AE was incredible. It's really an apples to carrots comparison. Each person brought a great vibe and differed away from the norm. I thought the fact that he was sequencing/twiddling live added another layer of awesome. Some of those basslines were fucking throaty melodic AFX goodness. I got a lot of Monolith/Photodementia vibes with the 90's electro stuff he was cranking. Lovely and awesome to discover an artist that is above your expectations in a live situation.

Watching him dance and loosen up was awesome - it makes for such a good atmosphere to know they are loving the vibes as much as you are. AE's set with all the asian imperial statues being the only illuminated thing was intense and perfect. That system kicked ass.

I just got back from Autechre in Atlanta. Amazing show. Everyone was on point. I met Rob and shook his hand. I ran into Bradford Cox from Deerhunter. He said Gantz Graf was his favorite ae release and cap.iv is his favorite track. Tonight was a good night.

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk

I just got back from Autechre in Atlanta. Amazing show. Everyone was on point. I met Rob and shook his hand. I ran into Bradford Cox from Deerhunter. He said Gantz Graf was his favorite ae release and cap.iv is his favorite track. Tonight was a good night.

I kind of wanted to stick around and meet Sean and Rob, just to get some info on how they do their Max stuff, but it was way too late for me. I just needed to get the hell back home to my bed. I even forgot to check the merch table on the way out, so someone please let me know if there was anything nice in there.

I should've guessed that Mr. Cox would have the most predictable taste in ae.

I kind of wanted to stick around and meet Sean and Rob, just to get some info on how they do their Max stuff, but it was way too late for me. I just needed to get the hell back home to my bed. I even forgot to check the merch table on the way out, so someone please let me know if there was anything nice in there.

Just the two t-shirts and 2 cds: Gantz Graf and Quaristice. Kinda disappointing.

Disappointing?

THIS. Cygnus was otherworldly. The crowd loved him. He seemed to be really in the moment and having fun as well

Oh yeah, Moses Archuleta was with Bradford. He's into Confield.

Huh? What's wrong with Cap.iv? It's definitely one of their best, top 10 percentile for sure.

Archived