IGNORED

SC tracks - SuperCut -all 228 tracks in 6.30minutes!

phudoshin

i would be interested in knowing what is the point of doing that

Aphex Twin fans don't need reasons. They're nuts, they have chemtrails on the brain

But RDJ himself has a tip for ye

bfN718U.png

I attempted it (lazily) with SOX, Foobar2000 and Audacity. Took 3 minutes each.

bfN718U.png

Excellent jsmcpn. and can't believe I got a critique off RDJ himself!

Anyway why did i do it? Technical interest, wanted a musical collage of the lot, bored in my last week of current job etc

Just stumbled upon this, was secretly hoping for a mix like Aardvarck's hiphop beat mix:

That's until I realized that doing such a mix must be an extremely time consuming job to do, so can't really blame you :) nice effort, bit too messy for me anyway.

Nice work too btw jsmcpn!

yeh... i could have gone down that AARVARCK route but I don't have endless hours to do it,

But its defo do-able i reckon!

It came out far less messy than i expected! (I might try a less chaotic approach soon).

I just used fruityloops to import randomly all the audacity samples i made of the tracks, then sequenced such that each sample layered onto the next. I enjoyed scouring the tracks for nice bits though :)

hah nice 1 .. u mind elaborating bit more on how u did it? (@ jsmcpn)

Use SOX to generate 0.333s clips at starting position 21.000s: FOR %a in (dir *.mp3) DO sox "%a" "%a-trimmed.mp3" trim 21.000 0.333

Use Foobar2000 to sort the clips in a playlist

Use Foobar2000 'convert' function to concatenate playlist to a single WAV

Use Audacity 'truncate silence' function with most aggressive settings

Use Audacity compressor plugin to level and louden the WAV

Export to FLAC and upload to SC

yeh... i could have gone down that AARVARCK route but I don't have endless hours to do it,

But its defo do-able i reckon!

It came out far less messy than i expected! (I might try a less chaotic approach soon).

I just used fruityloops to import randomly all the audacity samples i made of the tracks, then sequenced such that each sample layered onto the next. I enjoyed scouring the tracks for nice bits though :)

I was too tired to manually pick the sample start times of each loop, but I made sure Throatie and Shit Smothered stood out :)

BTW @phudoshin your Mixcloud Aphed Live Denver '97 set is missing the last 4 tracks. They were missing from WATMM downloads too but MadameChaos added them for me a while ago.

I tried to do something like this yesterday and it sounds really bad.

Trying again today. Idk if it's possible to make a good song with no repeating parts. I might try tuning slices of each song to the same root note, loading them in a sequencer, and then trying to make a melody from it.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

I love that he commented on this, haha. What a dude

bfN718U.png

Excellent jsmcpn. and can't believe I got a critique off RDJ himself!

Anyway why did i do it? Technical interest, wanted a musical collage of the lot, bored in my last week of current job etc

Also, really like these efforts jsmcpn. Works well like this

bfN718U.png

Thanks all. I bet if one of us had the time to sit down and hand-pick every beat it would come out awesome - it would be really time consuming though.

I messed around with start-time offsets for a little while and the 21-second position just seemed to work better than others I tried. Just changing the start-time by a few hundred milliseconds, enough to fall on one side of a beat or the other, makes the end results sound very different.

bfN718U.png

Thanks all. I bet if one of us had the time to sit down and hand-pick every beat it would come out awesome - it would be really time consuming though.

I messed around with start-time offsets for a little while and the 21-second position just seemed to work better than others I tried. Just changing the start-time by a few hundred milliseconds, enough to fall on one side of a beat or the other, makes the end results sound very different.

i want this to happen! someone call xanopticon!

also one hell of a job jsmcpn :beer: toplel

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Argeïphontes Lyre

If there’s one piece of musical software that is universally feared as well as loved, it would be this one.

Argeïphontes Lyre works solely on chance and resembles something you’d find in your creepy Auntie’s attic. It can be “used” by uploading an audio file, choosing one of its ominous looking modules, fiddling with its features and hoping for the best.

After you click “process” a bizarre dancing lady will appear on screen which as well as providing huge amounts of nightmare fuel; her main purpose is to indicate that the sound is being processed (or so they say…). Once she disappears, a file will appear on your desktop with a cryptic looking name (which is also randomized by the software). At this point you will be able to listen to the noise the scary software has spat out and decide whether you like it or not.

*downloads*

Archived