IGNORED

xox

xox

4-5 yrs old but it was hidden under 'private' all the time. with this track i wanted to achieve two things:

1. to remove distinction between the concept of percussion and the concept of melody, as much as i could back then

2. to float through/off into space

https://soundcloud.com/notein/notein-floating

Very nice sounds in here - it's making feel like I'm in a disused building looking at old cans of paint. Like those subtle pads in the background too, cool track.

Very nice sounds in here - it's making feel like I'm in a disused building looking at old cans of paint. Like those subtle pads in the background too, cool track.

interesting remark! ...and i understand the feeling.

thnx for listening and commenting!

Heh sorry about that, i do like the track it just conjured up a very specific image for some reason :shrug: I get a similar feel from 'Alberto Balsam'

nonono why the sorry? the remark was totally appropriate. ''floating through/off into space'' and being ''in a disused building and looking at old cans of paint'' has the same common denominator(s): gloominess, coldness, feeling of abandonment, loneliness, calmness...

words can't express music! that's why i hate to name my tracks. imo it's impossible to properly name a track. it's never good/close enough. neither Floating is good enough. it was just the closest to the feeling and to the concept i had.

:beer:

really nice sounds in that last track. How did you make them? this track makes me think about Autechre's Garbage. Well done!

heh... like i remember. :crazy:

iirc it was a combination of a granular and fm synthesis, changing their parameters in real time with two controllers, and parameters of two reverbs and one asymetrical delay. something like that.

the pad sound is almost the same all the time, the melody changes very little, just the volume but other sounds/phrases never repeat them selfs. there's something diff with every bar. "...when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object."

​i remember that preparation took me lots of time but the execution was in one take.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived