IGNORED

find me a laptop that costs around 200 quid

tec

I have little knowledge of laptops, what's a half-good one that costs around 200 quid which I could find in London? It'll mainly be used for listening to music and watching old horror films.

i have a broken 2011 macbook pro, i think the replacement piece is around 150-200 pounds (problem with video card), if you are interested and pay for shipping (from USA) ill send it to you for free.

HP Stream is a budget line I just purchased, and by budget I mean: 32gb flash memory (with Micro SD slot), 2gb RAM, no ethernet, no DVD drive. Like you said, it's decent for surfing, torrents, playing music, wanking, possibly browser games but nothing tech heavy. Mine doesn't have Beats, thankfully. But it does have an HDMI and DTS sound??

http://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/offer.aspx?p=c-hp-stream-notebook

^ that's a bargain if you can fix it.

I just bought a 2nd hand 2011 Macbook Pro for 500 quid

yes thats the catch you have to fix it, i found it too much of a hassle for me but if someone out there is willing to fix it themselves ill give it to them i dont care, its just laying in my house being junk.

i have a broken 2011 macbook pro, i think the replacement piece is around 150-200 pounds (problem with video card), if you are interested and pay for shipping (from USA) ill send it to you for free.

Thanks for the offer but I'm not computer savvy enough to know how to fix it.

I'm steering clear of Asus, had trouble with them in the past. Chromebooks are tempting but I have loads of music that I'd like to put on the system and think they may struggle with it. This one seems to be leading the pack, if anyone can see any obvious flaws please let me know.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00PC8166C/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=6738&creativeASIN=B00PC8166C&linkCode=as2&tag=scoperks-21&linkId=OQY476MELSYEUQ5R

*reads title of thread*

Oh yeah oops.

Sprillian has an 8 year old Toshiba which has outlasted all of the computers owned by other members of her family and is still going strong.

So maybe this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-Satellite-C50D-B-120-15-6-inch-Notebook/dp/B00LFL8OL0/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1432987831&sr=1-1&keywords=toshiba

From one of the one star reviews:

'Mine overheated, melting the screen bezel and almost caught fire.'

lol

Haha, I live a boring life so the chance of a surprising fire is an exciting selling point.

Good to hear, my Dad has a Toshiba that has lasted for yonks so that will be my guy I think, thanks.

About the Chromebooks, a possible solution to music storage is this. If you think you'll have internet available most of the time you can just upload your music to the cloud and listen to it that way. Obviously it's not as nice as having a local collection that you can play with any media player, but it is free.

no, i have had two toshibas and they were pants. the one i have now has a broken fan and shuts down all the time.

the brand are known to have issues with overheating, i think i especially get this as i use it for editing a lot.

i had a HP before and i'm getting another one first chance i get. ideally one of these.

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-15-g094sa-15-6-laptop-purple-10011517-pdt.html

i can see the appeal of the toshiba as they are super cheap, but i've had so many issues with them.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Been a while since I had a look at laptops. That HP one is four times the spec of a cheap notebook laptop I bought five years ago for the same money

Been a while since I had a look at laptops. That HP one is four times the spec of a cheap notebook laptop I bought five years ago for the same money

yeah it's a really good buy. and it's purple! :yeah:

Hmm...I still have a six-year-old HP Pavilion DV6, which I've stopped using since I got a Lenovo last October. It's a little slow and not really ideal for gaming, but for internets and DVD viewing it's no problem. Still runs fine overall tho.

I'd be inclined to sell it dirt cheap.

my HP is still chugging along. just about plays binding of isaac if you dont mind the fan noise going mental. still, 4 years and it was only 100 second hand its never conked out.

Archived