IGNORED

Bruce Jenner

Rubin Farr

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh actually dats a good idea. Do some texting and driving and then get a sex change so the police don't recognise you.

Wololo

• 2 months later...

1 of my oldest mate's is trans and his/her battle has been a sick war of attrition over many many decades

the main difference to this situation is the whole Jenner cash-cow bs roadshow, the truest form of narcissism evident today

so is the transformation complete? cause she kinda still looks like a he to me, but maybe that's because i know

At what point does he stop being a mutilated man taking hormone supplements?

Actual Wow.

What about an actual answer.

Before you hail her as a hero go watch her show, its 100% insanity

Good luck to her tho

In what way? I've seen bits of the Kardashian shows, and Bruce pre-Caitlin was, at least that context of those batshit people, the one sincere and likable person on the show. He was like the goofy sitcom dad who was always just throwing his hand up in the air like "wtf is with you ladies???" or on the verge of dropping and bad joke. there was like one episode where he literally went out and bought huge expensive R/C helicopter as way to de-stress

not seeing him like that is actually the only thing I find interesting in his coming out as Caitlin, like him no longer being stereotypical american dad

Well one of the most insane moments was when she came out to one of her " best friends" back when she was Bruce, they make a big deal throughout the whole episode about this guy, then they show Cat meeting this best friend and not kidding he is the clerk at a hobby shop she goes to buy model airplane parts cause she likes to built model stuff. It was ovious that the guy was not Cat's beast friend and he was fucking uncomfortable and not interested at the same time and it was really awkward.

If I didn't make a good job at describing the scene go watch it for yourself, its nuts.

It's the same as a best fiend. Bruce Jenner's lawyers pulled a few strings to get him out of that car crash which was caused by him, hot diggity dang, he was texting furiously. I think the PR people of that weird world decided to make him a lady, ever since he became a eunuch the manslaughter charge seems to have faded out of public consciousness and into distant memory. He's probably only shaved the ex-ball area.

It's not even that really. It's just if that is the case, then nobody better dress up in a fat suit. I'm pretty sure it's just as insensitive and shit on the most basic level. Soldiers, cops, presidents ect... off limits. They die doing what they do... right? But - If we are to make the distinction that it has to be an attack of character not profession, then the multitudes of girls and guys I knew who jokingly cross-dressed for halloween rather garishly should be held to the same standard of eating the tears of the fallen, or whatever that thing went on about.

It's kind of an all or nothing thing to me. Either everything is funny in some way to someone, somewhere, at all times and we accept that - or - nothing can ever funny because someone, somewhere, at any time, could be offended. I know that's a drastic oversimplification and I don't support bro's dressing like Caitlin Jenner really... but I also wouldn't stop someone from doing so or tell them they need to wear corpses. Any homo/transphobic dude that is willing to dress like a transexual woman, even for a joke, has really only turned the joke upon themselves if you think about it.

Those struggles listed, and I know this sounds somewhat insensitive, are plights I see non-trans people go through. I get that it's a hot-button issue, but that post is just ridiculous on a real 'tumblr social justice' level IMO.

This is why I don't open my mouth lol.

i don't agree, there's always room for moderation and nothing in life is ever really a binary all (1) or nothing (0). we all have different standards and limits and this is an example of when we all are identifying someone who is more moderate than we would consider ourselves to be.

I agree in a sense, but somewhat disagree

I wasn't saying that everyone should find anything humorous. More so that some people don't hold the same guilt and societal shaming as others when it comes to what is okay or not when it comes to a Halloween costume, or humor, or discussion. It's fine to be more moderate and conservative in what you find comedically tasteful, certainly some things cross lines with me into 'not very funny' buutttt.. I wouldn't ever step on someones idea of what is okay or not unless it was physically harming someone. It's the old adage of 'if you don't like whats on the TV channel, instead of bitching about it, realize it's there to serve a certain audience and change the channel'

Example : My old roommate and his boyfriend are dressing up in a big group for Halloween. He is going to dress as Ms. Jenner and a bunch of his pals (girls and guys) and his BF are dressing as the Kardashian sisters. They're gay... does that make it okay? I don't think any of their female, trans, bi or gay friends are going to call them out for being insensitive and saying that they should wear the corpses of people who ended their lives in a time of immense sadness and desperation. His explanation was ---

'I dress as a woman all the time, I don't consider myself trans at all. I love femininity and masculinity the same - but love the lavish styles of women's fashion more most of the time. If Caitlin has made the mental and physical transformation to be a woman, then I consider her a woman through and through. Trans is part of someones identity, but at the end of the day, they want people to view them for who they consider themselves to be. So the thought of insinuating that some straight guy who means no harm and is willing to dress as a woman for Halloween like many men have done for decades for Halloween is no more offensive than what that has always been. The line I draw in the sand is if someone is being malicious in their intent and bashing trans people while dressed as a converted trans woman, which I'll add is not something a macho-homophobic-transphobic asshole would do as most of them won't even hug their friends without saying 'no homo' let alone dress as a trans woman. So yeah, fuck that guy who does that, but this kind of "everyone is out to get us" mentality gets us nowhere when it comes to acceptance of people on either side of the argument. It's a fucking Halloween costume.'

(he dictated this to me after I showed him all this)

Granted this is one persons opinion and him being gay doesn't make it more valid than the next, but it was enlightening to get his side of things from a person who is very active in the LGBT community. I hope that assholes don't go ridicule trans people, while dressed as a trans woman... but if they are dumb enough to do so, nothing I can do or say will stop them.

Archived