IGNORED

What Are You Having For Dinner

PhylumZunami

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last two days I've made an awesome and simple cold Thai noodle dish.

You make a simple sauce from honey, soy, chili paste, fish sauce, and lime juice.

You fry some chicken just the way you like it (I like to add peanut butter) and wait for it to cool down.

Boil some noodles and once they're done you put them in cold water.

Then you chop a fuckload of coriander, mint, and Thai basil , half a cucumber - maybe some spring onion as well.

Mix it all together and voila! FUCK YEAH'

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You make a simple sauce from honey, soy, chili paste, fish sauce, and lime juice.

You fry some chicken just the way you like it (I like to add peanut butter) and wait for it to cool down.

Then you chop a fuckload of coriander, mint, and Thai basil , half a cucumber - maybe some spring onion as well.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

thats me, right there. except id have chopped birdseye chillis and garlic in the sauce. Thai food is so easy, you only need about 10 ingredients.

simple veg noodle soup for me tonight. was lovely

another thing about cooking, for the experimenters out there.

balance sweet, sour, salt to make a sauce. so for the sweet you can use sugar or honey, the sour you can use vinegar, limes, tamarind, salt you can use salt, soy, anything salty. anchovies probably..

anything in your cupbaord that relates.. balance them and you can create loads of things

BBQ jackfruit burger thing, I had to search everywhere for the jackfruit so if it goes tits up I won't be pleased.

This was banging, a pro-tip for my veggie homies.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

thats me, right there. except id have chopped birdseye chillis and garlic in the sauce. Thai food is so easy, you only need about 10 ingredients.

simple veg noodle soup for me tonight. was lovely

Hell yeah!

I made the same not long ago only this time I made little chicken meatballs with tons of coriander, cumin, chili - and maybe some garlic? Can't remember. Anyway, I fried them in sesame oil. Yes!!

Smoked whole chicken (smoked with wood from old jack daniels barrels), covered in a coca-cola and jack daniels based mop, cornbread muffins, spicy cabbage, and a cold beet salad (beets, fennel root, orange slices, pear and anise vinegar, smoked sausage and goat feta).

My yard smells amazing.

i wonder if the neighbours feel the same (is annoyed about this smoking trend since the guy across the road in the new place had a smoker going in his drive way that was blowing into my house for hours on end the other week.).

No neighbours on that side of my house + the next house over doesn't have windows facing my house =P

I think they'll surive. Besides that, they actually run a smoker sometimes too so I reckon they're alright with the smell lol.

if they do it too they can't complain full stop. Still i'll be happy when we're on the otherside of this trend and the smokers end up in the back of the garage as a nest for spiders, or they start building self contained systems that everyone transitions to. Cause i have no problem with trying different shit with your food, and making complicated stuff yourself instead of from a megafactory sounds like a good trend. But yeah, allergies, smoke etc.

if they do it too they can't complain full stop. Still i'll be happy when we're on the otherside of this trend and the smokers end up in the back of the garage as a nest for spiders, or they start building self contained systems that everyone transitions to. Cause i have no problem with trying different shit with your food, and making complicated stuff yourself instead of from a megafactory sounds like a good trend. But yeah, allergies, smoke etc.

"get off my lawn", essentially?

lol

not tonight, but sometime in the future i will be attempting something with the new hottest chilli on the block, the komodo dragon.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/aug/11/uk-hottest-ever-chilli-pepper-komodo-dragon

Apparently its a slow creeper, and ive had enough bhut jolokia experience so i know how dangerous that kind of chilli can be :diablo:

not tonight, but sometime in the future i will be attempting something with the new hottest chilli on the block, the komodo dragon.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/aug/11/uk-hottest-ever-chilli-pepper-komodo-dragon

Apparently its a slow creeper, and ive had enough bhut jolokia experience so i know how dangerous that kind of chilli can be :diablo:

Another meal ruined and thrown in the bin thanks to male oppressive boundary pushing failure.

Adds, heh ( cause you never know like)

Archived