IGNORED

taicoclub 2015

Draft78

yoyo..was there but it was raining too much to get a decent recording.

more or less the same set as Utrecht and/or bloc but with some new sugar and spice and everything nice.

best part about the event..after they played clark took the stage and our boys were walking around through the crowd taking videos and seeming to just be enjoying themselves.

after some noodles i saw sean solo smoking his e cig in the corner so went up and talked for a bit.

was surreal.

ill take a look through my phone when i get back to the states and see if i have any decent videos to upload

If I ever met the boys in person I'd probably shit my pants or just stare and point - that sounds like a bit of an intense experience - like what did you talk about, I wouldn't even know what to say after 'hi, nice to meet you' and then run off like teenage girl from the '50's just meeting Elvis or some shit.

Of all the IDM Kings, out of all of them I'd prefer to bump into Autechre. I wouldn't be able to talk about making music but I think I could vibe with them on perhaps a more normal day to day level. Both of them seem just down-to-earth cool, even though you know they could destroy you with their chosen mastermind subject, I don't think they would bring it up if they didn't have to.

For example whenever I've heard/read Squarepusher talk, I've always thought 'fuck bumping into him, whats he on about'. You get my drift.

e cig??

for real?

Yeah totally, i wrote heartfelt long message regarding this, basically quitting subforum, backed out at the last minute by self-reflection like i'm shaming Sean e-cigging yet write dumb shit here regularly, eh.

e cig??

for real?

Yeah totally, i wrote heartfelt long message regarding this, basically quitting subforum, backed out at the last minute by self-reflection like i'm shaming Sean e-cigging yet write dumb shit here regularly, eh.

no, i mean I forgot those existed. do they help people overcome the habit?

e cig??

for real?

when i saw them last year, when a little bit of light seeped into the venue from someone opening a door or something, i remember just seeing sean up on stage, casually puffing on his e-cig with one hand, while with the other hand he's just casually producing some of the most brutal insane beats i ever heard, just chillin like it was no big deal

e cig??

for real?

no, i mean I forgot those existed. do they help people overcome the habit?

Many people already forgot Ae existed. Depends on what you fill them up with, i guess, maybe he's got some very nice liquid

damn.sorry all..

the only thing i have is a quick 00:23 second video..obviously in the dark..thought i had more but it appears no...

i know this is strictly autechre form and say what you want want about nosaj thing music but daito manabe (the guy doing visuals for nosaj's set at taicoclub) absolutely killed it. check them out if you want.

^ Wow, that sounds lovely and looks awesome.

I once saw Pablo Fiasco doing similar visuals for Jamie Lidell, he had a bunch of cameras set up around Jamie as well as on him / on his instruments. Looked really.

Technology has obviously come on quite a long way since that though - this was in 2003 I think. I like the warping effects between the camera angles.

damn.sorry all..

the only thing i have is a quick 00:23 second video..obviously in the dark..thought i had more but it appears no...

i know this is strictly autechre form and say what you want want about nosaj thing music but daito manabe (the guy doing visuals for nosaj's set at taicoclub) absolutely killed it. check them out if you want.

in any case the best 23 seconds of the day: thank you!

Archived