IGNORED

wwcnoh

moonside

I love all the percussive clicks and noise added with the gate effect. Were you using fx pedals or did you add the effect later in the computer?

I'd like to hear more as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I've listened through the lot, I've got to say you've got a real distinct style and a proclivity for interesting beats!

The only honest feedback I can think of is, if I were you, and I'm not, I'd try to expand the tracks, have them take a route through something or other. Your tracks sound like a cool jam (or interlude) as you said in your track description, which can then be developed in some way. Since half of these are chill hip hoppy beats, maybe it can be subtle, but still detectable? I say this because some of these tracks have a potential to sound like nicely rounded music.

The first track in the thread is the best one here IMO. Recluse is cool, but the way you edited that guitar is interesting as hell. I'd listen to a whole album of that, if you would be so kind as to record one. Hip hop is kind of old and stale at this point, if you ask me. The necessity for consistently groovy rhythms restricts the development of the music significantly.

Edit: I just realized that the first track sounds like it has some Fennesz influence. No wonder I like it so much.

Guest GateFour

I like these broken hiphop jams... the break in Thanks is sick. I kind of agree in that the tunes don't develop a whole lot and they do sound more like "interludes".. but that just seems like it's your style. Definitely an interesting listen!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived