IGNORED

Fallout 4 is here...

Muflontillah

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest kymppinetti

what's with all the minigames? i hope they spend time making the game itself too. and the building system? yeah really nice. nice dog too.

i'm not hyped, yet.

this crafting system is really cool, will make exploration very rewarding. i hope the camp building aspects will integrate with the game properly and will not be some kind of fallout tycoon minigame. also it's interesting that they didn't mention anything about the story, thry probably realize that they can't compete with recent witcher.

I was pretty mindblown about the setting of Fallout 3. The main game is set in a city and surrounding area that I frequently visit, and there's a DLC in Point Lookout, which is just a few minutes from my home. And on top of that, there's even a DLC in Anchorage, which was my home before I lived here. It's pretty weird.

I hate the actual game, though. The way it works is just awful. TES is better in every way. And we can't forget that the first Fallout stole its soundtrack from the album by our guy.

I'm in Anchorage right now, lol

I ran thru the FO3 Operation Anchorage DLC again yesterday, and the only truly redeeming factor is the reward armory at the end. It's some of the best gear in the game tho. Plus the sim's portrayal of Anchorage is less so of the city itself and more the surrounding areas, particularly Arctic Valley and Hatcher Pass.

As for number Four, it would appear that the player is born right before the Great War. So I guess it's technically be a prequel to the first Fallout, since it seems to take place in the immediate aftermath of the bombs. All the hype for this game I'm willing to succumb to.

Guest kymppinetti

I'm in Anchorage right now, lol

I ran thru the FO3 Operation Anchorage DLC again yesterday, and the only truly redeeming factor is the reward armory at the end. It's some of the best gear in the game tho. Plus the sim's portrayal of Anchorage is less so of the city itself and more the surrounding areas, particularly Arctic Valley and Hatcher Pass.

As for number Four, it would appear that the player is born right before the Great War. So I guess it's technically be a prequel to the first Fallout, since it seems to take place in the immediate aftermath of the bombs. All the hype for this game I'm willing to succumb to.

there's over 100 years between fallout 1 time and fallout 4. but yeah there might be some references about the vault dweller, i doubt it though. also this new fallout is taking place at boston and the first one was on southern california.

I was pretty mindblown about the setting of Fallout 3. The main game is set in a city and surrounding area that I frequently visit, and there's a DLC in Point Lookout, which is just a few minutes from my home. And on top of that, there's even a DLC in Anchorage, which was my home before I lived here. It's pretty weird.

I hate the actual game, though. The way it works is just awful. TES is better in every way. And we can't forget that the first Fallout stole its soundtrack from the album by our guy.

mark morgan is great!

this crafting system is really cool, will make exploration very rewarding. i hope the camp building aspects will integrate with the game properly and will not be some kind of fallout tycoon minigame. also it's interesting that they didn't mention anything about the story, thry probably realize that they can't compete with recent witcher.

the story seems interesting: all the other humans are long dead at the vault, but our protagonist haven't aged a day. he/she could be a android or some kind of that?

mark morgan is great!

I don't see what's so great about making exact copies of Aphex Twin songs.

I didn't know there were Alaskan WATMM members. I miss Alaska. Seward and Homer were nice places.

Yep, been on WATMM for three years now exactly, and in AK for fifteen. Still debating whether to move south later this year, but right now is the most pleasant time of year here, weather-wise. Decisions, decisions.

Whatever happens, I'll grab Fallout 4 regardless.

I've lived in Maryland for about six years or so and I've never had blue crab. The oyster's pretty good here but that still doesn't justify the horrible area. My advice is to either stay in Alaska or move somewhere that isn't shit. The East Coast, from my experience, is shit.

Apparently I was wrong about this game being a prequel, because I heard that cryogenic stasis is involved in regards to the player, even tho he/she was born right before the Great War. In fact it's more likely it takes place after FO3, especially with more focus on the Commonwealth and apparent absence of the Enclave.

Also it seems that the BoS are the main antagonists. Not confirmed yet, but I'm sure Bethesda are keeping a tight lid on potential spoilers.

Now I just need to leave this thread alone until November.

• 2 months later...

Anyone play Fallout Shelter?

I had a good thing going for over a week, then I made a mistake, then caps, food and water became low, then everyones health dropped, then i got a deathclaw attack resulting in 80+ deaths :catcry:

Anyone play Fallout Shelter?

I had a good thing going for over a week, then I made a mistake, then caps, food and water became low, then everyones health dropped, then i got a deathclaw attack resulting in 80+ deaths :catcry:

I play that sometimes. My vault has over 180 people already and all the resources are full, so it becomes pretty boring. The Deathclaws fuck up, but usually they just get to level two of my vault before they are dealt with, maybe with less than 10 casualties.

I wonder if the extra lines is from them recording a bunch of common names that your character can be named.

I'm really hoping it's a return for low INT playthroughs with everyone patrionising you

Also doesn't the protagonist speak now too? That'll beef up the number of audio lines for sure.

I wonder if the extra lines is from them recording a bunch of common names that your character can be named.

I'm really hoping it's a return for low INT playthroughs with everyone patrionising you

Also doesn't the protagonist speak now too? That'll beef up the number of audio lines for sure.

Judging from one of the gameplay demos, the player does indeed speak. The dialogue interaction appears very similar to that of Deus Ex: HR.

Honestly I'm a bit worried about the file size of FO4 tho. I'd imagine it will be massive...

Archived