IGNORED

Fallout 4 is here...

Muflontillah

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a (possibly stupid) question about this trailer (it's the TV one):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3IlHBBGCIw

When shown in the UK it says on screen 'Not Gameplay Footage', which is kinda obvious as it's just cutscenes *but* is this in-engine footage ? It looks bloody lovely, especially the dog animation - but is it just rendered CGI shenanigans rather than the quality of graphics we'll actually see.

Guest bitroast

if it is in-engine footage it looks incredibly optimized and probably not best idea to refer to it as reference for in-game..

Can't wait to touch it.

Gonna use my free Steam bucks (from trading Dota items) to buy it. Going to bootcamp my Mac this weekend for it.

Pretty hyped to build some crazy melee strong man

I have a (possibly stupid) question about this trailer (it's the TV one):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3IlHBBGCIw

When shown in the UK it says on screen 'Not Gameplay Footage', which is kinda obvious as it's just cutscenes *but* is this in-engine footage ? It looks bloody lovely, especially the dog animation - but is it just rendered CGI shenanigans rather than the quality of graphics we'll actually see.

Dude, that's live action footage mixed with CGI editing. The guy is real, the dog is real, most of the environment is real. The stuff that makes it Fallout, like some of the background items, the robots, radroaches and super-mutants are CGI.

You sure it's not all CGI - I mean the dog and man could be motion captured from real sources, but it all looks like the same rendered world ...

This is a quote directly from the videos official youtube page: "Before wandering the wasteland on November 10, watch the world of Fallout 4 come to life in this live-action trailer. Welcome Home."

My first run through will be a gay only melee bear who doesn't wear shirts

I love that what you just said seems ridiculous, but is actually totally possible. The level of freedom in some games nowadays is amazing. Fallout and Elder Scrolls games usually being the new raised bar set in that area.

pre-loading is available

OMGZ!!!! How did I miss this post?? Starting the download now!!

Yup, just started pre-loading as well. Not gonna turn off my laptop til it's done.

And this'll be my last pre-release FO4 post. No it's not. I should know by now not to make arbitrary proclamations.

My first run through will be a gay only melee bear who doesn't wear shirts

I love that what you just said seems ridiculous, but is actually totally possible. The level of freedom in some games nowadays is amazing. Fallout and Elder Scrolls games usually being the new raised bar set in that area.

Forgot to mention he is going to be super charismatic and pushy with the boys.

Archived