02 Sparks

03 Space Song

04 Beyond Love

05 10:37

06 PPP

07 Wildflower

08 Bluebird

09 Days of Candy

"In general, this record shows a return to simplicity, with songs structured around a melody and a few instruments, with live drums playing a far lesser role. With the growing success of Teen Dream and Bloom, the larger stages and bigger rooms naturally drove us towards a louder, more aggressive place; a place farther from our natural tendencies. Here, we continue to let ourselves evolve while fully ignoring the commercial context in which we exist."

http://pitchfork.com/news/57120-beach-house-announce-new-album-depression-cherry-and-world-tour/

I'm so happy. 2015 <3

ridiculous title and cover, gonna be good. i like it that they seem like interested in getting less bombast, there's still a lot to explore with s/t-devotion sound. the latter is probably still my favorite, it's midday, suburban lazy atmosphere is just so alluring.

ridiculous title and cover, gonna be good.

I really like it for some reason. It's the kind of cover that would of grabbed my attention as a kid at a CD store way back before I actively bought and listened to music.

Reg. the cover: "Yes, the sleeve for the LP and CD (pictured above) are made of actual red velvet."

Reminds me of Microkingdom's last LP

KBZCiKUl.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bitroast

Beach House has always been hit or miss for me... like Vampire Weekend.

yeah i can agree with this.

beach house is hit, vampire weekend is miss :emotawesomepm9: :emotawesomepm9:

• 1 month later...

this album is a complete blur, after 2-3 songs in it just washed over me me with its dreamy, hazy, pleasantness. couldn't tell where one song ends and the other begins. not sure it's a compliment, it all sounded pretty unremarkable on that first listen with the exception of the gorgeous PPP coda that kinda woke me up and i had to play it again.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Enter a new display name

Yeah the album sounds very formulaic. At least Beach House chilled out with that organ that used to be in every song.

I lol'd.

Yeah the album sounds very formulaic. At least Beach House chilled out with that organ that used to be in every song.

I kind of like the organ tbh. There's a version of Silver Soul I like more than the album version because it's got such a prominent Wurlitzer lead in it.

Anyway, I enjoyed Depression Cherry, but like others said already it's just another Beach House album, they haven't strayed away from their formula at all, in fact they said it was a return to their first albums (which I need to revisit)

Archived