IGNORED

E3 2015: The Thread

Joyrex

So E3 2015 starts Monday, 15 June, and rather than donk up the Video Games thread with E3 speculation/posts/discussion, I thought we'd do a separate thread for it.

To start off, what are you looking forward to seeing/hearing about at E3? What's your predictions about what will be shown/not shown?

For me, I think it will shake down like this:

Sony will show some neat stuff, but nothing jaw-dropping. I don't think Project Morpheus, no matter how interesting, will take off (nor will the Oculus Rift). I don't expect any AAA title announcements from them.

Microsoft will come out swinging hard trying to regain ground against Sony, but also will have nothing really shocking or innovative. At this point, more drastic price cuts will be their only way to gain ground since exclusives seem to not drive console sales as much anymore.

Nintendo will do their own thing, but may have some actual surprises (that would surprise Nintendo fans). They could really blow everyone away by announcing a Pokemon RPG for the Wii U, now that they seem to be getting comfortable with online (Splatoon and Smash Bros. have proven they finally understand online and it's importance in gaming).

What do you lot think?

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm much more interested in the EA and Ubisoft conferences for new Mass Effect (hopefully) and Assassin's Creed footage, than any of the three console specific ones. Will still watch Sony's and maybe Microsoft's. Bethesda and Square Enix might also prove to be pretty good (there's a rumor that Square are going to reveal a new Hitman game <3).

Either way I won't be able to catch any of it live this year, since I have exams at eight in the morning on the 16th. So I'm planning a complete blackout starting Monday morning.

Mass Effect pls pls pls

Nintendo will unveil the new controller for the NX, which is a modified form of the cup-and-ball toy of old. Zelda will be the first game to utitilize this new technology, where the Master Sword will be replaced with the Master Cup-And-Ball, the only known weapon that can kill the newly reborn Ganonderp, who has managed to take control of the Triforks. Comes with an Amiibo of Satoru Iwata dressed as Tingle shitting.

I'm much more interested in the EA and Ubisoft conferences for new Mass Effect (hopefully) and Assassin's Creed footage, than any of the three console specific ones. Will still watch Sony's and maybe Microsoft's. Bethesda and Square Enix might also prove to be pretty good (there's a rumor that Square are going to reveal a new Hitman game

Either way I won't be able to catch any of it live this year, since I have exams at eight in the morning on the 16th. So I'm planning a complete blackout starting Monday morning.

Mass Effect pls pls pls

Sony presentation is going to have the last guardian reveal after how many years, or at least that is what was rumoured.by every gaming website. Not that i care , but you know they do have interesting enough exclusives each time to get you to watch it. I was surprised to read that select US cinemas are live streaming the Sony event for free if you get tickets beforehand, odd way to watch it, but then again unlike a movie it might be a cool thing to do, cause it won't matter so much about talking or people eating their noisy foods.

Also, i'm not looking forward to ubisoft's more cheesy elements (that chick that presents it, the dancers, the lighting, the omG), it's so cringeworthy they really should rename their presentation cirque du sogae.

I'm much more interested in the EA and Ubisoft conferences for new Mass Effect (hopefully) and Assassin's Creed footage, than any of the three console specific ones. Will still watch Sony's and maybe Microsoft's. Bethesda and Square Enix might also prove to be pretty good (there's a rumor that Square are going to reveal a new Hitman game

Mass Effect pls pls pls

Mass Effect, yes!

Fallout 4, yes!

Hm, let's see... I'm not really sure what I'm looking forward to?

I'm interested in The Division but I don't have any faith in Ubisoft any longer, but I'm ready to be and very interested in being surprised in the best of ways. I wonder if they'll show anything from Rainbow Six? Maybe just to prove that it's not as buggy as the alpha was?

I hope to see more from The Witness, but I bet it's one of those games that is impossible to show off as a press conference - and maybe just to show in general. Just like Braid and Fez were. They looked good and played well, but it was what both games were hiding under the hood that made them fucking awesome.

I'm also interested in Crackdown 3 and hoping it'll turn out to be as big a surprise as the first one. The second one blew, but didn't they bring back the guy from the original game to work on this one?

What a shame Konami isn't going to have a press conference...

Guest Pentium5

Also looking forward to Doom. Anybody else disappointed with the oculus presentation? I mean, we all know it's going to be a bonkers good time, but the presentation video/teaser whatever was god awful

Also looking forward to Doom. Anybody else disappointed with the oculus presentation? I mean, we all know it's going to be a bonkers good time, but the presentation video/teaser whatever was god awful

When aren't video game related press conferences awful?

Guest bitroast

Come ooon Dark Souls 3!!

yeeepppp. hoping it's not a namco heavy, dark souls 2 sequel, style sequel. hoping for some miyazaki involvement.. either way though, looking forward to seeing this one in action.

also looking forward to seeing some news from nintendo, guessing it's gonna be Splatoon updates.. Yoshi's Woolly World.. Hyrule Warriors 3DS, .. mario maker?? star fox?? would love to see more zelda wii u but not counting on it getting much action.

Doom 4 footage would be good too. Fallout too but more interested in seeing Doom in action tbh.

more ps4 and vita content and surprises??

The Last Guardian (really??????????)

hmm, i think that sums it up for me.

This year looks promising. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Fallout 4, XCOM 2...pretty much stoked for all three. Curious about the next Doom installment as well. Routine I've still got my eye on, but Lunar Software are still a fledgling company, so there's no guarantee whether they'd be featured. 2015 is to vidya gaymez what 2013 was to muzaks.

Far Cry 4: Blood Dragon plz

Yes, moar Blood Dragon would be welcome too.

no mans sky? seems to have gone a bit off the radar,also fallout 4/metal gear/pes 16/....and if someone really wanted to score points,a reboot of p.t?(wishful thinking)

on a slightly different note,can,t believe no-one,s had the balls/brains to do an l.a.noire type game with the blade runner license,no-brainer for me,but what do i know?

[youtubehd]Jgmb8Rg69vY[/youtubehd]

Hahaha, shiiiit...

But it actually seems like MS and Sony have paid attention to what people have complained about over the last couple of years. I don't remember last year being that cringeworthy - except for EA's conference, but that was for a whole different reason.

Looking forward to the new ip from guerilla games during the Sony conference, apparently some kind of medieval rpg featuring Dinosaurs according to informed Dutch game press.

Archived