IGNORED

E3 2015: The Thread

Joyrex

Is this the first time Bethesda is holding a press-conference? - I don't know what to expect. Hopefully it won't as silly as Ubisoft and EA usually are.

I look forward to:

Fallout 4

Mass Effect 4

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Star Wars: Battlefront

Inside

Potential new:

Slinter Cell (I'm probably the only person on the site, but I loved both Conviction's and Blacklist's gameplay)

Far Cry

Hopefully some new IPs this year

Yes, my taste is hella mainstream, deal with it muthafucka.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm looking for an E3 thing I've seen years ago... can't remember what game, maybe Call Of Duty or something similar.

They decided to show the gameplay by.... throwing a fake LAN party on stage. And it showed what they did on screen. But it was obviously scripted because they kept shouting cliches at eachother:

"Flank them!"

"Cover me!"

"Got your back!"

"We got em boys!"

It was pretty cringe, but I can't seem to find it. Any help?

Is this the first time Bethesda is holding a press-conference? - I don't know to expect. Hopefully it won't as silly as Ubisoft and EA usually are.

I look forward to:

Fallout 4

Mass Effect 4

Inside

Potential new:

Slinter Cell (I'm probably the only person on the site, but I loved both Conviction's and Blacklist's gameplay)

Far Cry

Playdead recently announced that they wouldn't be showing Inside at E3 as the game just got delayed. But they deserve all the time in the world to finish their games - at least based on their Limbo output.

We might just see some Splinter Cell stuff. I love the SC franchise even though it has had a couple of misses. But Conviction and Blacklist were both pretty good, but I sure do miss Michael Ironside. The game is simply not the same without him.

I don't think we'll be hearing anything about a new FarCry, but we might just get some info on a Blood Dragon-ish DLC.

Looks like we won't be seeing Crackdown at E3:

"Having a jam-packed lineup of games to show at E3 means that there simply isnt enough time to give each of our upcoming titles its well-deserved time in the spotlight. Weve decided to save some of our most eagerly-awaited future titles for gamescom in August. Rest assured that titles like Crackdown, Quantum Break and Scalebound will be front and center at gamescom along with new game reveals for both Xbox One and Windows 10."

Also, Dishonored 2 was accidentally announced on a live stream.

dishonoured 2 i would be excited about. recently spent two weeks going through dishnoured 1 to get the 'spectre' achievement (dont get detected the whole game) and it was extremely fun. found so many new routes and secrets in the game that i had no idea about the first time.

dishonoured 2 i would be excited about. recently spent two weeks going through dishnoured 1 to get the 'spectre' achievement (dont get detected the whole game) and it was extremely fun. found so many new routes and secrets in the game that i had no idea about the first time.

yeah i like the atmosphere and sneakiness of Dishonored a lot, stoked for part two

haven't seen such a string of game announcements to be excited about in a while

re Oculus not taking off, you mean their specific product given the competition from Valve, or VR in general? I was pretty meh about VR until I used a DK2 rift and I am absolutely convinced now it's the future, period - as in with sufficiently mature VR you just won't play games using a monitor anymore, it'll feel like getting a fraction of the immersive experience.

I'm already sick and tired of VR.

HA!!

Haven't even seen the big Oculus press conference. I feel like the market is already so oversaturated with VR crap.

For instance, what is this shit?

Is this the first time Bethesda is holding a press-conference? - I don't know to expect. Hopefully it won't as silly as Ubisoft and EA usually are.

I look forward to:

Fallout 4

Mass Effect 4

Inside

Potential new:

Far Cry

Playdead recently announced that they wouldn't be showing Inside at E3 as the game just got delayed. But they deserve all the time in the world to finish their games - at least based on their Limbo output.

We might just see some Splinter Cell stuff. I love the SC franchise even though it has had a couple of misses. But Conviction and Blacklist were both pretty good, but I sure do miss Michael Ironside. The game is simply not the same without him.

I don't think we'll be hearing anything about a new FarCry, but we might just get some info on a Blood Dragon-ish DLC.

Oh, that's kind of a bummer. But you're right, they deserve all the time in world to make something as good as Limbo.

But it doesn't matter, I actually kind of don't want to see that much of it, I just want to play it when it comes out, without too much being spoiled.

Ubisoft has been having a big and unexpected announcement at the end of their shows for the last couple of years (Watch Dogs, The Division, Rainbow Six: Siege), this year I suspect it will be a new Splinter Cell.

It doesn't seem that many are into the new Splinter Cell games, obviously the story of the games were very forgettable, overly-patriotic and slightly silly, but I think the gameplay was ridiculously fun: it's those very aggressive and speedy stealth mechanics that makes you feel a predatorial killing-machine when playing it - they're just fun action games. Don't get me wrong, I love the lurking in shadows type of stealth games as well, with the more slow-paced defensive approach to stealth, but the new Splinter Cell games are something quite different and very satisfying I think.

Something similar to Dragon Blood would be amazing (hopefully a sequel), I'd honestly want that more than a new retail and full-fledged Far Cry, as fun as they are, Dragon Blood was the best Far Cry (the most fun at least). Ubisoft can't really make interesting characters, I just prefer it when they go over-the-top and don't take themselves too seriously with that stuff, like they did in Dragon Blood.

I mean I'm playing Far Cry 4 at the moment, incredibly fun gameplay, but the story and characters are so cringe-worthy, the same could be said about Far Cry 3.

MS and Nintendo will probably have to put up or shut up this year, considering Sony's momentum, I suspect the really big exclusive surprises won't be from Sony this year, but from the two others.

MS and Nintendo will probably have to put up or shut up this year, considering Sony's momentum, I suspect the really big exclusive surprises won't be from Sony this year, but from the two others.

Sony doesn't really have that many exclusives anymore. I think they even came out and said so themselves...

EDIT: Yup, here it is

http://www.vg247.com/2015/05/29/ps4s-first-party-line-up-for-2015-is-little-sparse-sony-admits/

I'm hoping for a new Elder Scrolls announcement to go along with the Fallout 4 presentation tonight. Not asking for a trailer or anything... just tell me it's happening. Please.

I'm pretty sure they're already working on a new Elder Scrolls game.

I can't remember which game it was, but some time ago I was reading an article on some studio that was a couple of months away from shipping their new game when they started working on the sequel... Hmmm, something tells me it was Remedy? Anyway, my point is that these studios are always working on their next thing... Especially, when their last product sold... 20 million copies!?!!

Sony doesn't really have that many exclusives anymore. I think they even came out and said so themselves...

EDIT: Yup, here it is

http://www.vg247.com/2015/05/29/ps4s-first-party-line-up-for-2015-is-little-sparse-sony-admits/

Yeah, you're right, but I guess that's also the case for the other companies to some degree. I mean what does Microsoft really have other than Halo and Gears of War? - I know the new Tomb Raider is a new Xbox One exclusive, but you really don't associate Tomb Raider with MS (yet at least). Exclusives aren't really that big a thing anymore, which I don't mind at all. Less exclusives are much better for the consumer.

But Sony will probably show the new Uncharted, that's probably worthy of some hype.

I'm hoping for a new Elder Scrolls announcement to go along with the Fallout 4 presentation tonight. Not asking for a trailer or anything... just tell me it's happening. Please.

I really don't think that's going to happen when a new Fallout has just been announced. A new Bethesda Game Studios developed Elder Scrolls is probably some years in the future.

Not say that they're not working on it, but I don't think there's any chance they'll announce it so early. Early announcements and teasers are kind of annoying anyway, kills a lot of the excitement over time, just show it when it's ready and when you don't have wait years for it.

I can't remember which game it was, but some time ago I was reading an article on some studio that was a couple of months away from shipping their new game when they started working on the sequel... Hmmm, something tells me it was Remedy? Anyway, my point is that these studios are always working on their next thing... Especially, when their last product sold... 20 million copies!?!!

Oh I know. I'd just like a title or something. Something to seal the deal 4 real.

Oh I know. I'd just like a title or something. Something to seal the deal 4 real.

was it not pretty much confirmed it would be in the black marsh, based on the argonians, and smaller and denser than skyrim? i remember reading that.

Guest bitroast

Earthbound Beginnings announced for Wii U virtual console

VERY unexpected. nice one nintendo.

(now we wait for Mother 3 next year or so..)

Archived