IGNORED

E3 2015: The Thread

Joyrex

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i didn't mind the tomb raider demo tbh, it was flashy cinematic fun, not that i'll play the game, but it looked fun. i liked the look of deus ex (all that technology and they're showing paper passports, come on guys), the dishonored 2 trailer was ok, doom reboot looked stupid, really guys, really, have more respectt.. The final fantasy seven trailer was exciting, can't wait to see more of those cut scenes (snicker). Horizon Zero Dawn already sold on that shooter. And then there was south park 2 mergard siriouslar. Funnily enough even though i didn't like the trailer, when reading about star ocean: integrity and faithlessness, i came around to thinking that it might be fun to play (not going to show the gameplay trailer, it drove my brain batty with all that cut out teleporting wtf) i probably won't play it actually now i think about it, what was i thinking i hate those types of games. I was shocked that star wars battlefront actually looked fun to play, not shit to look at, so that was a nice surprised, haven't played a star wars game in a long time.

Didn't know there was a new Star Ocean game in the works. I have only played 4 and I really liked it at the time, tho it seems most people disliked it.

This is probably the best trailer to come out of the show imo tbh idk

(that also nobody talks about)

yeah,if this is as good as it looks, gonna have to finally cave-in and buy a console,even tho this-gen seems like a total fuk-up so far

Guest bitroast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_8Qi-I4o9E

Done watching trailers for this game. Played the ~hour + opening act of Ground Zeroes and Im already as sold as i can get on playing the new game. Leave the new content for playing the game :)

Done watching trailers for this game. Played the ~hour + opening act of Ground Zeroes and Im already as sold as i can get on playing the new game. Leave the new content for playing the game :)

yeaaah i tried to do that too but wasn't able to control myself. luckily the narration over the trailer makes no sense (go figure) when taken out of context of the rest of the game. although there's a pretty significant spoiler near the end

MGS4 was fucking ridiculous, and not in a good way. I haven't played it, but I watched most of the cutscenes one day I was quite bored, and it seemed quite silly.

But this new MGS looks fucking incredible, like an arthouse war movie or something, comparable to last parts of Apocalypse Now. From everything I've seen it seems they are going for a more serious and dark tone, describing the horrors of war rather than romanticizing it like so many other video games these days. There might still be a bit of that Kojima quirkiness (which is good of course), but I do think this game is going to way more serious, adult and substantial than previous installments.

It also seems they have westernized it quite a bit, which I don't mind. Long time fans might have a problem with it. But scrapping Hayter for example was the right choice in my world, that voice was always so caricatured and over-the-top. I think it's purely an nostalgia thing that people misses that voice.

At this point, I'm probably just as excited for it as Fallout 4, which says quite a lot.

It's a pretty amazing trailer. I can't help but think that the music does 90% of the work though. Hope the story will be as weird and confusing as the trailer implies.

OT: Completed Bloodborne and am now going through new game plus. This vidja is like krokodil.

re: mgs5 trailer its weird how voiceovers in games still sound silly as fuck and not good quality, the actors phone that shit in super hard

yeop, they should move all voiceover work to texas, get the job done (you know what i'm talking about loel).

It's true though, they need to look how the japanese industry for anime does it and emulate that. contra-pointully though, acting in japanese films is very often shit.

It's a pretty amazing trailer. I can't help but think that the music does 90% of the work though. Hope the story will be as weird and confusing as the trailer implies.

OT: Completed Bloodborne and am now going through new game plus. This vidja is like krokodil.

Don't you worry, it's going to be confusing as shit, but the cinematics is going to be some next level shit.

Also, this video from GDC some years back is quite amazing:

Uhmmm... this is the hololens FOV

Screen_Shot_2015-06-16_at_10.37.33_AM.0.

You'd need something like Oculus or morpheus for that shit to go down.

Yes, I am very surprised it is very limited like that, and from what I have heard, the parts where it cuts off are very jarring and takes you out of the experience.

Honestly, I think VR will be a fad like it's always been and never really take off until they can do headset-free VR/AR environments via some sort of projector. I don't think VR/AR will work until there is 100% immersion and you're not staring at a screen of any sort.

What I don't understand is how the camera equipped with the Hololens viewer is able to show as much as it does at the same time when the actual Hololens can't?

It's called faking it.

Not doing it, the giantbomb let's play looked more like world of tanks than a batman game.

I try and avoid all hype for things as it is easy to get caught up in it all. The recent resurgence of the Xbox One over here has been very interesting indeed. A few months ago it looked to be under thought of and it was all PS4. Though the showing at E3 and concentration on games has piqued my interest. I probably still won't buy a next gen console as I don't play games much anymore, but the way public opinion changes and is influenced means I still read up on loads of the news. PC gamers all say the next gen consoles use underpowered AMD kaveri chips, yet PC gaming is still prone to issues of incompatibility and short life span of gaming setups. The Xbox 360 will be ten years old this year and still has games coming out for it, a PC from 10 years ago is not able to play the latest games. The way it's headed this gen will not last for that long.

Like the look of that MGS game defo.

Arkham Night y'all

Not doing it, the giantbomb let's play looked more like world of tanks than a batman game.

Nah, the tank sequences are pretty fun, and there's still plenty of traditional Batman gameplay. The Batmobile may be used more in some of the story missions (especially in the first segments of the game) but they're done well, and there's still plenty of free roaming and side-quests you can do while completely leaving the Batmobile behind. The tank stuff is actually pretty fun it's almost like a Battletanx 64 mini game included along with a great Batman/Arkham game, and the armored car pursuit sidequest is super fun as well. I'm a little over halfway through the main-story and I've been enjoying it so far, it's definitely a shade darker than the previous entries. The combat feels quicker in this entry as well, lots of ground options and ways to keep the combos going, overall it's pretty damn fun.

MGS4 was fucking ridiculous, and not in a good way. I haven't played it, but I watched most of the cutscenes one day I was quite bored, and it seemed quite silly.

But this new MGS looks fucking incredible, like an arthouse war movie or something, comparable to last parts of Apocalypse Now. From everything I've seen it seems they are going for a more serious and dark tone, describing the horrors of war rather than romanticizing it like so many other video games these days. There might still be a bit of that Kojima quirkiness (which is good of course), but I do think this game is going to way more serious, adult and substantial than previous installments.

It also seems they have westernized it quite a bit, which I don't mind. Long time fans might have a problem with it. But scrapping Hayter for example was the right choice in my world, that voice was always so caricatured and over-the-top. I think it's purely an nostalgia thing that people misses that voice.

At this point, I'm probably just as excited for it as Fallout 4, which says quite a lot.

yeah it looks awesome, wasn't hype but that trailer made me drool

i didn't really enjoy the gameplay from mgs4 and it had a lot of boring cheese but it had it's mindblowing moments

got that mgs5 prologe game that we got for free on ps+ last month and really enjoyed it so far, didn't play that much

i will finnish it for sure when i beat dark souls 2 and be the world champion mortal kombat x

predator leaked, he looks amazeball :w00t:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9J5QKaBXLo

Just hack the game and put a bill model in there

and have cosby rape her ............... badOOmtish .... see what i did thar.

Archived