IGNORED

E3 2015: The Thread

Joyrex

Guest bitroast

wow, Bethesda conference came and went and not a single post!

Doom 4 looks cool. For a game that spent so long in dev hell, it looks pretty sweet. the constant kill animations look kind of interrupting to the gameplay but i'm hoping that stuff is ignorable/avoidable enough.

fallout 4.. i mean. what can be said about fallout 4?? it looks exactly like what you'd want fallout 4 to look like. fucking excellent :)

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woo! Bethesda Maryland is where dreams are born.

I'm already sick and tired of VR.

The main problem with VR is that there isn't ENOUGH software. I own a DK2 with a friend. I got it in December. Beat Half Life 2, which the dk2 made me feel like I was playing it for the first time. I played through the game, then the episodes.

Then after that, there's a lot of interesting neat demos that don't last longer than about an hour. There's Elite: Dangerous, but that's buggy on my computer. It was fun watching stuff in a virtual theatre for a while. But after all of that kinda wore off, I wanted more software to play, when there really aren't too many full length games that work as seamlessly as Half Life 2... really none. They're usually awkward to control since they weren't made or repurposed for VR as HL2 was.

Now my DK2 has been gathering dust because there's so little I can do. Oh yeah I beat Alien: Isolation as well. I would have gotten bored of that game if I had played it on my monitor, but the DK2 made me feel as if I were on the ship. Amazing stuff.

VR is ready, but some big titles need to get behind it. That's even more important than the hardware... well.. somewhat anyway.

Guest bitroast

people are saying doom 4 looks "like doom 1 with fancy graphics" like it's a bad thing, wtf.

heh. it looks like Doom 3 but without the focus on slow gameplay/horror.

it's difficult to say it looks like Doom 1 cos the level design looked a bit bland and straight forward?? i dunno. we'll see. it looked good.

Doom looked really really good. Especially the MP, which reminded me a lot of original Unreal Tournament <3

Fallout 4 was just pure hnnngggg all the way through. Looks perfect, pretty much and I'm even more excited now than before.

i like the brief look of doom4 multiplayer. looks like a throwback to q3 arena style. ability for users to easily make and upload custom maps is also fucking ace (assuming this ability transfers to consoles). mario maker looks fun. will be amazed if last guardian actually shows up in sony's conference tomorrow

Fallout 4 and XCOM 2 coming out the same month...shit, I dunno which I'd play first. I'm sure there's plenty of time to play both til Doom (2016) drops tho. Glad to see the new Doom is going back to its roots and being more action-focused. Seemed like Doom 3 was trying to be like a simplified System Shock 2, but that was eleven years ago.

Edit regarding Fallout 4: So it looks like the game's timeline actually starts on the date of 23rd October 2077, basically making it a "Genesis" to the entire Fallout universe...

i was totally underwhelmed by the trailer, which imo just didnt show anything that looked that much more advanced than fallout 3, or at least not as advanced as you'd expect considering the time that has passed, but it really just didn't show much. i didnt think the graphics looked much improved but neither did the engine.

anyway, that presentation totally gave me something to be impressed about, and it looks pretty amazing. now i feel like they made the trailer pretty minimal on purpose so this presentation would be the big jaw dropper. i was hoping thered be more of the survival aspect, going further with the hardcore mode from new vegas, where youd have to find food, water, a place to sleep, etc, on a regular basis, and they didnt say anything about that, but everything they showed looked pretty awesome. looks like they put a ton of attention to the little things that flesh out the world, with the games you can play in the pip boy, and all the junk actually having a purpose, being examples.

but heres an idea i just had- i think itd be pretty awesome if those skill books you found, like the grognak comics, if those were actually things you could look at, and if like you had to collect different volumes of them to be able to read one complete story. like if you could get 20 grognak comics then see a complete actual grognak comic from that. that would be sooooo sweet imo. and based on what i saw i wouldnt be too surprised if that kind of thing was in there.

Holy fuck motherfucker- DOOM 4 looks and feels amazing. I retardedly wrote that I was looking forward to Cheetahmen for PS4, but DOOM 4 is actually one of the few games that I wanted to see. And holy shit..... Everything about it is amazing..... Maaaybe still too dark in parts, but still..... Amazing. It's like a dream come true if I had dreams about wanting there to be a makeup for the shit that was DOOM 3.

...my gawd the sound and level design, wtf..... Everything. Dude, so good.

I hate to be a cynical dick, but is Doom really that exciting? - looks like it is tapping into that Gears of War dudebro type of shooter market.

And I thought it seemed rather repetitive (might be a bit presumptuous). The modding aspect is really cool though.

But it might show to be a fun and competent shooter, I can't deny that I might check it out when it comes out, but I don't expect it to be something amazing.

Most of the reason I'm so skeptic is because all Id Software developed games I've played in recent years got very boring after a while. I think the direction with fast-paced old school type of gameplay is the right one though.

DOOM didn't look very good, but then the gameplay started. Looks pretty fast & fun. Could be great.

Dishonored 2 has a cool trailer but I downloaded the first when it was free on Xbox 360 and I couldn't play for more than an hour or so, it was so bad.

Xcom 2 will be cool.

I don't know if anybody played the original Afro Samurai but it was a pretty solid game. I love the Afro series/film and universe so this could be a nice surprise. No gameplay in the trailer tho.

people are saying doom 4 looks "like doom 1 with fancy graphics" like it's a bad thing, wtf.

it's difficult to say it looks like Doom 1 cos the level design looked a bit bland and straight forward?? i dunno. we'll see. it looked good.

it looked graphically inferior to Doom 3 to me, but maybe the video i watched wasn't HD enough. I'm glad they're doing throwback Doom 1 & Doom 2 gameplay though, the most recent games I can think of that embraced that same gameplay style was Serious Sam

Fallout looks to be exactly what I want out of the Fallout franchise.

I'm glad Dishonored is getting a rerelease on the new consoles as I didn't get around to playing it on the 360.

Doom looks like a fast paced Doom III. Not that that's a bad thing, because I was probably the only one in the world who really enjoyed Doom III.

Yes, Fallout looks absolutely amazing, but that's no surprise of course. I really don't think the graphics complaints are warranted after having watched it in-game now.

And I'm fairly impressed by the levels of customization in the game... I can't wait for it.

Also... overall the Bethesda conference was very professional and well done. Kept to the important things, like showing the games properly, without too much bullshit.

dishonoured 2, shame its only a vid scene trailer, but i like the fact it looks like its in more of a tropical, sunshine setting. another city with the steampunky industrial feel of dunwall would have been a bit dull.

Guest bitroast

it looked graphically inferior to Doom 3 to me, but maybe the video i watched wasn't HD enough. I'm glad they're doing throwback Doom 1 & Doom 2 gameplay though, the most recent games I can think of that embraced that same gameplay style was Serious Sam

ahh. i thought it looked pretty sweet !! i'm appreciating the more colourful aesthetic of the base alone compared to the grey space base of doom 3. nice open, vaguely colourful space levels. i honestly feel like i've gotten to the point (around ps3 era) where pretty much all(most) graphics in general all look pretty fantastic and i don't really have any issues with not 10 out of 10 amazing graphics provided the overall game functions as intended and there's some solid design going on. it's like, doom 3 may pump out better graphics, but that meant the gameplay was confined to small areas with 1 or 2 enemies for the most part. straight off the bat this game is showing off big open levels and heaps of enemies. i'm appreciative of that more than better graphics :)

graphics really dont mean shit in comparison to gameplay. binding of isaac is by far the most fun ive had with a game in years, and it looks like its from 1990 graphically.

doom looks pretty nuts. i havent felt like i could really get back into doom for the past few yrs theyve talked about D4 being developed, and i skipped 3 but was into 1 and 2 a lot. but i felt like even if 4 came out and got more positive reviews than 3 i wouldnt really be interested. the more i look at that footage tho...

Archived