IGNORED

Cheetah EP

zlemflolia

Guest cult fiction

Outstanding news! I seriously dig both of those tracks, particularly Cheetah3.

Did Rich ever mention when they were made? I'd guess late-00's, but would be interested to know fo sho.

they are clearly late syro era, post cirkon obsession, probably within the last few years or i'd say within the last year or two

• 11 months later...

It's really hard to read the text on the flyer - even when you zoom in

Sounds like the Cheetah EP comes with a softsynth?

Edited by Bread

"Aphex Twin - Cheetah EP is, making full use of digital sound generation technology and waveform sequence technology, has become a valuable today, it delivers the sound with motion and depth.

So that the user of everyone can enjoy to ensure over the long time the Cheetah EP, please be sure to read the instruction manual before use.

If, you can experiment with your own, if you make a sound, before partnering a batch from scratch, let's begin from the fact that you want to edit a preset sound.

The user of everyone, in order for you to know all of the extraordinary potential of this work also, please try to come wrestle with this Cheetah EP programming.

Please enjoy the programming Come on. If you can generate a great sound and sound like other Cheetah EP users appreciate, please send up to Warp bake them of MIDI data to disk. If think we also great, it gives the reward.

Please try to come challenge!

Features and specifications:

- Digital Wave Sequencing synthesizer

- Also in the pronunciation, by changing the waveform, has been programmed to be able to sequence the sound, it brings a sense of movement and personality that was outstanding in music.

- Polyphony: 15

- Velocity corresponding

- Multi-timbral

- Stereo output

- All of the programming only on the front panel is possible

-LED Display" - google translated from japanese article

Above text seems to be the flyer text

Article goes on:

"The presence of work called this "Cheetah EP" is, had been whispered already a year ago between the We Are of The Music Makers and Reddit fan. They are the source of the comment of the sub-account user18081971 of Aphex Twin in SoundCloud.

User of a We Are The Music Makers is, "Cheetah" in the title, pointed out that if that was not taken from the sale was the United Kingdom of the same name manufacturers "MS6" 6 voice polyphonic analog synthesizer module of the 1980s ing.

Richard, but that or not is uncertain are using the "MS6", not in the equipment list, which has been sealed in the album "Syro" that at least he has released in 2014 the name is written. Although the features and specifications of the synthesizer, which is described in this time the sent card are aware of it apparently "MS6", the possibility of mere joke of We Are The Music Makers reaction look amused was Richard of there is also.

It should be noted that the relevance is unclear, Aphex Twin has posted a track called "Love 7" in the account of last week user18081971. Equipment list in the recording track in 2005, has also been served, but not the character of the still "Cheetah"."

http://i.imgur.com/xH2IIj0.jpg

'The Aphex Twin Cheetah EP uses digital sound generation techniques combined with wave sequencing technology to bring you sounds with movement and depth rarely found on records today.

To assure that your Cheetah EP will give you many years of enjoyment, please be sure to read the owners manual carefully before attempting to operate the Cheetah EP.

If you wish to experiment and create some sounds of you own, first try editing some sounds we've already made for you, before attempting to create a patch from scratch.

We sincerely hope that having battled through the programming of the Cheetah EP, you have not become familiar with the exeptional potential of this record.

Have fun programming, and if you create any superb patches and tones which you feel deserve to be appreciated by other Cheetah EP buyers, send a MIDI System Exclusive Dump of them, on a disc to us at WARP and if we also think they are superb, you could be rewarded for your efforts. Try Us!'

Edited by Kilgore Trout

Noice! Anyone remember AFX's sc comments about him being into badly written 1980's synth manuals? Seems like this is the result.

Hope those two Cheetah soundcloud tracks make it on there, or at least this one:

Noice! Anyone remember AFX's sc comments about him being into badly written 1980's synth manuals? Seems like this is the result.

Hope those two Cheetah soundcloud tracks make it on there, or at least this one:

reads the same as the syro promotional text too!

This has me shaking like a yippy little dog - if this is real I will absolutley lose my mind. I really hope that the art above the flyer is the album artwork. So cheesy 80s!!! Love it!!

Warp, please don't let us down.

Also if it comes with an RDJ soft synth that would be incredible. I wouldn't hold my breath, though.