IGNORED

Steinvord Speculation

Guest skibby

Guest skibby

I speculate that Steinvord is a project of Squarepusher and possibly a collabouration. Noticed there is a thread in the Aphex subforum but since Aphex denied it and Square pusher did not deny it, I thought it would be a good Idea to brainstorm with Squarepusher fans in order to shed more light on the topic.

This couldn't be more Squarepusher like imho:

I think some people get more excited by working out who it is than the tunes themselves. Which is cool.

Seeing as I have the slab of wax sitting up stairs in my bedroom underneath my turntable I'm not really bothered about it who made the music, something that has never really motivated me. I just go up and play it.

What does bother me is that I still don't have an official/vinyl/cd/digital/magical mystery tour release of this Warp20/Rome/Rave Colonel/Secret Squirrel.

Let's just have it, please. Before I die.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

could this be a Squarepusher secret account?

https://soundcloud.com/slumslug

I remember some other posters pointed out to that account a couple times. It was concluded that it's some guy trying to pass as Steinvord to promote his own music. Notice how he's reuploading Steinvord tracks, adding all those tags and whatnot. Pretty sad but it seems to be working since we are talking about it right now. Anyway, some of the tracks are decent, nothing remarkable.

I remember some other posters pointed out to that account a couple times. It was concluded that it's some guy trying to pass as Steinvord to promote his own music. Notice how he's reuploading Steinvord tracks, adding all those tags and whatnot. Pretty sad but it seems to be working since we are talking about it right now. Anyway, some of the tracks are decent, nothing remarkable.

did u hear this one https://soundcloud.com/slumslug/rod-whitters-earlt-tsaps

probably the best aphex fake i've ever heard in my life

did u hear this one https://soundcloud.com/slumslug/rod-whitters-earlt-tsaps

probably the best aphex fake i've ever heard in my life

Yeah, I remember the Rob Witters stuff. Pretty good, obvious early AFX straight sampling tho. The thing is, that George Harrison/slumslug/wheatspin guy is uploading a ton of tracks of other people that isn't him to promote his own music, and trying to pass as them as well.

Guest skibby

ok on second listen maybe slumslug really is AFX since there's Tuss track in there. So maybe this proves that Steinvord was made by RDJ after all. otherwise why would someone upload RDJ's stuff to SC? it just seems like a really shitty thing to do if its not RDJ doing it. Notice that these tracks have not been uploaded to AFX's other two accounts, so this could only mean that slumslug is actually administrated in utmost secret by RDJ. or Squarepusher if the Tuss was in fact a collabouration.

• 1 month later...

ok on second listen maybe slumslug really is AFX since there's Tuss track in there. So maybe this proves that Steinvord was made by RDJ after all. otherwise why would someone upload RDJ's stuff to SC? it just seems like a really shitty thing to do if its not RDJ doing it. Notice that these tracks have not been uploaded to AFX's other two accounts, so this could only mean that slumslug is actually administrated in utmost secret by RDJ. or Squarepusher if the Tuss was in fact a collabouration.

slumslug/george harrison guy/the other aliases are all the same guy, someone here found his real name and even pics, so it's not AFX, not Steinvord, not JK, not anyone else. Im not posting his private info tho. It's obvious to me he uploaded tracks by AFX, Steinvord and some other guys in his own SC to create controversy and keep us talking about him saying "he must be this guy or that guy". Yes, shitty thing to do to gain notoriety but that's exactly what he's doing.

Archived