IGNORED

wiip

Guest skibby

Guest manaat

0:03 - Ooh, very lush right from the start. Everything sounds very clear.

0:11 - Oh man, that's a cool effect on the last hit. In general these drums sound very cool, the panning effect on them really gives a bit of extra energy and feels organic.

0:23 - While I am digging this, it is sounding a bit like a royalty-free track that you would here in the background of a massage video. Not hating, but whereas the drums clearly got a bit of thought and care, the flute sound is a bit common sounding. What can I say, it fits so well that it genre-fys the rest of the track. Maybe just mess a bit with your effects processing on it to keep it sounding unique without changing it's basic quality.

0:44 - Like take right here, the only thing changed is that lead flute into the new bellsish sound, but this sounds much more unique and memorable.

1:16 - Again, I'd recommend swapping the flute as it's a bit too typical for a track with these pads and drums and so on.

2:20 - Very nice

So yeah, cool idea but deffo ditch the flute

(talking about the first track) the flute does have a bit of a kind of new-agey mediation music type sound to it, but its done pretty well so i like it. the drums are pretty good. my problem is the timbre of that synth that comes at 42 seconds, just doesn't seem to match the atmospheric flute and drums too well. maybe more verb on the synth and/or some changes to the synth patch. imo its close, but maybe just a bit too glassy and dry. i like the track

These are both lush as fuck. First one got that LTJ Bukem-ish jungle vibe IMO and the synth work on no. 2 is just amazing, both bass n flutey thing. Good work sheepman.

Really nice guitar man! I'd change the bass to something with more low mid frequencies. Try changing the rimshot to a clap. The guitar really carries the tune, nice job!

Guest skibby

Cool track, nice melodiez.

thank you th555

Really nice guitar man! I'd change the bass to something with more low mid frequencies. Try changing the rimshot to a clap. The guitar really carries the tune, nice job!

thanks zoix, the guitar is a k5000r, and oh yeah I do want to mix these things around

i appreciate your comments very much! this following track is more playing, old track, wanted to recut it but ended up shoving Buckminster Fuller in there for no reason:

https://soundcloud.com/baadsheep/mountain-mother-buckminster-fuller

For studiodairy 7.4.2015: Very cool beginning with the vox fx and I like the scratching but at times it seems out of place. The distorted lead might be a little too loud in the mix. It also sounds like maybe the percussion needs one more element to feel more full or perhaps some layering. I love the chord progression and the entire song structure sounds great! wished it was a little longer :)

That is cool skibby. Perhaps limit the amount Buckminster speech a bit and highlight certain parts of his speech. That would make the track more coherent I think. The drums sound really nice. What kind of hardware and software are you working with?

Archived