IGNORED

Yamaha Reface

Audioblysk

Guest skibby

self indulgent nostalgia doesn't seem like the best card to play, but i guess this is for yamaha synth division's 40th bday so

dc28e812ea1ae9ca8d355b2701318661.jpg

Guest Chesney

Man, if Devine couldn't get his head around it then it must be total new software. can't be something as simple as a 4 synth plug out.

Guest skibby

Man, if Devine couldn't get his head around it then it must be total new software. can't be something as simple as a 4 synth plug out.

makes me wonder if thats a good thing or not

maybe he just couldn't get his head around how an app could sound so analog.

well it looks like whatever it is, it's definitely gonna be retro / a remake / re-creation of some of their older synths.

i'm totally over all this retro stuff. come up with something new. it's 2015, for fucks sake.

What's 'something new' though? Where is there to go that will interest anyone beyond me, awepittance and jordan rudess/other prog synth people?

What's 'something new' though? Where is there to go that will interest anyone beyond me, awepittance and jordan rudess/other prog synth people?

D BEAMS

Imagine the VR music studio of ze phuture, where we play in a studio of our own design, full of any equipment we want. Room materials, mics, speakers, hardware-- all emulated. Full body suits to give force feedback, making feeling materials, keys, etc., realistic. Even the smell of plastic and incense will be emulated. Then when you get tired, you can take a break with virtual ganj and bang some random downloadable slut on your emulated console.

Actually, forget the music studio.

Guest skibby

Imagine the VR music studio of ze phuture, where we play in a studio of our own design, full of any equipment we want. Room materials, mics, speakers, hardware-- all emulated. Full body suits to give force feedback, making feeling materials, keys, etc., realistic. Even the smell of plastic and incense will be emulated. Then when you get tired, you can take a break with virtual ganj and bang some random downloadable slut on your emulated console.

agreed, is space caused by time or is time caused by space anyway? probably neither are real. and what is experience without the redundant parroting of concepts and frames of context? could subjective experience suffice? it seems that in a way the redundant array of brains is needed in order to offer the human animal a sense of fulfillment. it is as if we need each other to handle the overflow of surplus data in order to differentiate dreams from the reality that we use each other's attention to maintain.

i think a classic yamaha FM engine with a lot of hands on and performance control (like automation recording or parameter locks) with a drum track and multitimbral mode of about 4 different synth instruments could be new enough that it would be badass. Something like a volca that kicks its ass and makes us forget forever that not so great trademark Korg filter sound.

i think a classic yamaha FM engine with a lot of hands on and performance control (like automation recording or parameter locks) with a drum track and multitimbral mode of about 4 different synth instruments could be new enough that it would be badass. Something like a volca that kicks its ass and makes us forget forever that not so great trademark Korg filter sound.

I'm watching you John!

tom-selleck-600x450.jpg

agreed, is space caused by time or is time caused by space anyway? probably neither are real. and what is experience without the redundant parroting of concepts and frames of context? could subjective experience suffice? it seems that in a way the redundant array of brains is needed in order to offer the human animal a sense of fulfillment. it is as if we need each other to handle the overflow of surplus data in order to differentiate dreams from the reality that we use each other's attention to maintain.

Some important points there, mang. There is definitely an element of unified beliefs of arbitrary concepts that shapes this projected reality. But on the plus side- because of this inner-working- an individual with immense focus and reason to believe, can craft the world to their will.

Guest skibby

i think the 'new' thing was recently revealed to NOT be the Reface unfortunately.

i think the Reface will be cool, but more of an anniversary present from Yamaha to themselves that they hope to make as much money as possible from.

does anybody recognize anybody in the teaser videos? presumably they are jazz fusion musicians or something

Guest Chesney

new means new modey. if you knew where it was going then it would not be new and you would have invented it.

there must be new ways to create sound that we don't know.

Guest Chesney

but yeah, if divine was not talking reface then it could be anything already said.

could be a box to store and play a vast preset library that you pay for and DL from a yamaha site. maybe each preset has a midi controllable filter sweep that you can tweak from a generic filter knob on the panel. so you have the classic preset sounds of the emulated synths and the scope to colour with the respective filter.

talkin jive now.

Yah, dude- here in Tokyo there are vending machines with 303s in them for $100 a pop, and they come with a pair of used panties. It's pretty dope.

Guest skibby

well to be fair, ebay usually has tons of vintage gear in Japan for cheaper than anywhere, but with 200 euros shipping

Guest Chesney

A few people have shipped SH/CS's from Japan to UK with no trouble. I have never dared do it personally.