IGNORED

Same Sex Marriage now legal in the US

The Wumbo Man

I'm happy for gay people who want to get married, but not interested myself.

Gay marriage is already legal here in New Zealand, but growing up seeing all my parents heterosexual friends in horrible marriages and divorce, has put me off the idea for life, luckily my partner agrees.

(Plus we are both shy and having a day where all the attention is on me is a horrifying thought!)

this thread is fabulous

Gay_qawbly.jpg

Disgusting.

Great, now people can spend their time discussing more important political issues, like the TPP. This is what the Supreme Court should be doing.

I'd like to see the Supreme Court do a revision on the list of Class III Controlled Substances. There really is not reason at all for Dimethyltryptamine to be on that list.

I still don't get why this was such a big deal. People don't have to be married to be together.

If it's not a big deal, why are you asking why it's a big deal?

At least you tried.

I think, even if we set aside the issue of human rights and what's good for society and the grand arch of justice and whatever, it's pretty clear that not allowing gays to marry for basically no reason at all is just a big slap in the face. So congrats America and congrats gays!

thank god we're sinking into a new Cold War situation in addition to all this other shit, that will only make Americans smarter. I miss intellectual societal commentaries like Rocky IV and Red Dawn

It's a distraction so people don't know how fucked they are by the TPP being passed.

I still don't get why this was such a big deal. People don't have to be married to be together.

I don't remember the exact situation, but there was a lesbian couple who were unable to be married. One of them was in the hospital and died alone because her legally unrecognized wife and children they raised were not allowed to see her...

Edit: I think this is it: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=7633058

Also, if a legally unrecognized spouse dies, the widow(er) could lose their house and this could also effect any children they are raising not just the person who just lost their loved one whom they've been with for 20+ years

thank god we're sinking into a new Cold War situation in addition to all this other shit, that will only make Americans smarter. I miss intellectual societal commentaries like Rocky IV and Red Dawn

It's a distraction so people don't know how fucked they are by the TPP being passed.

i am relieved to see i'm the third person that's come here to say this. i'd never had a conspiracy egg hatch in my brain before.

i am relieved to see i'm the third person that's come here to say this. i'd never had a conspiracy egg hatch in my brain before.

Silliness. The groups that were working against TPP fast track were doing what they could during the entire process. It's not as if everyone stopped doing what they were doing to focus on a supreme court decision, and it's not as if media coverage dictates the only thing people focus on. Congress is just bowing the knee to business as they always have, and it has nothing to do with both the supreme court ruling that happened recently.

well the gay marriage thing having anything to do with TPP is a stretch, but its quite obvious they tried to put the whole TPP in the background and didn't want it to get big media play.

well the gay marriage thing having anything to do with TPP is a stretch, but its quite obvious they tried to put the whole TPP in the background and didn't want it to get big media play.

I honestly think it's too complex and abstract to be a part of the mainstream media currently. How would they even discuss it without revealing to everyone that big business is pretty much ruining society? I mean, if you talk to a hardcore conservative republican this concept is never in the forefront of their mind, and a good portion of people believe the line about business prosperity = economic prosperity. The establishment probably also comes down on them and tells them not to go in depth on it as well.

Archived