IGNORED

Meat Beat Manifesto - Kasm02

cear

this is absolutely lovely, but holy shit, the digital version is mastered so fucking loudly. it's brickwalled harder than anything i've ever seen. have to turn it way down to listen normally

still, som jdangers + destructive heavy weight on th answers com in dreams recordings. i've had them on som monstrous gear and my skin was very wiggly + jiggly. jd bass is 2nd to none. i lik sum of th more diverse ones lik mnemonic + chimie du son, o' and th last part of quietus is vry good + u can hear sum sounds from th new tracs hidden in thos tracs..

lol, 4get it mang, troons gonna troon. At least he hasn't been making new release threads on the premise that such'n'such artist might eventually put out another album sometime in the future.

Anyway this MBM is the 1v$hn3$$, easily one of my favorite eps in recent memory

really great. are teh 10"copies out there yet? local store that had kasm01 doesn't seem to have it yet and no sellers on discogs either.

i've never checked out MBM... is there anything else out there of his like this?

Got mine from the skam label website. Boomkat had a few but sold out pretty quickly, maybe check blerp

really great. are teh 10"copies out there yet? local store that had kasm01 doesn't seem to have it yet and no sellers on discogs either.

i've never checked out MBM... is there anything else out there of his like this?

Got mine from the skam label website. Boomkat had a few but sold out pretty quickly, maybe check blerp

Rough Trade gets a good batch as well, usually before Monday street date.

I was late to the party too, but pretty much everything MBM/Jack Dangers heard has been mint. The earlier industrial stuff isn't my cuppa but Actual Sounds + Voices, RUOK in Dub, & Tino's Breaks Vol. 5/Dub (JD side project) are probably my favorite so far. Saving Subliminal Sandwich for a rainy day, fucking double albums amirite?

Hope an album drops at some point. Amazing stuff.

Yeah would love this too though not holding my breath... this ep is such a direct hit though (artist + label + sublime execution) that it'd be hard to top. Some crimes are best left unsolved...

I was late to the party too, but pretty much everything MBM/Jack Dangers heard has been mint. The earlier industrial stuff isn't my cuppa but Actual Sounds + Voices, RUOK in Dub, & Tino's Breaks Vol. 5/Dub (JD side project) are probably my favorite so far. Saving Subliminal Sandwich for a rainy day, fucking double albums amirite?

Hope an album drops at some point. Amazing stuff.

Yeah would love this too though not holding my breath... this ep is such a direct hit though (artist + label + sublime execution) that it'd be hard to top. Some crimes are best left unsolved...

omg subliminal. what i would give to listen to that album for the first time....

• 2 weeks later...

This is just about the best thing I've heard all year. The ghost of Bola seems to run through these pieces - that sense that the tracks are completely organic things with a dense and meticulous life of their own. No wonder it got picked up by Skam.

Saw Jack recently do a live thing in San Francisco as part of DHS (Ben Stokes a long time collaborator), and he was mad on the video sampler. Tiny little gig but cool as hell. Was a release party for a new Stokes EP. EP is kinda loungey stuff but the performance wasn't that at all. As much visual as audio, seeing as that's what Ben does for a living. This was pre this Kasm 10" coming out. I sat right next to Jack for part of it and didn't even ask if he had anything coming out. Probably because I didn't expect it. Last I heard from him was the Test EP/The Forger, which I LOVED!

Edited by SPD²

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Deco Balcony

Bit late as well... but this is an amazing release! Had only heard a bit of aggressive stuff and some sweet bigbeat stuff of his in passing years back but never really delved so this one totally took me by surprise.

Can anyone recommend me any of his other releases on a similar tip as I don't have a clue where to start with that big back catalogue :psyduck: