IGNORED

Beatwife - Cornbrail Acid 2.5

samfez

Beatwife - Cornbrail Acid 2.5 [Love Love Records]

a0430911184_10.jpg

Previews: https://soundcloud.com/loveloverecords/lovjp01-beatwife-cornbrail-acid-25-previews

Pre-Order: http://bit.ly/1FK50dg

Pre-Order digitals from bandcamp: https://loveloverecords.bandcamp.com/album/cornbrail-acid-25

Richard Wilson here provides us with an intermediary instalment of his Cornbrail Acid sound for Japan, compiling an assortment of delights old and new made using his distinctive home-brewed software. Almost a companion to 2014’s ‘Cornbrail Acid 2’, some fans will recognise previously unreleased tracks on this CD such as Snappy and Punch Drummer that have been lurking in the public domain since that time. These tracks, on top of a few select cuts from ‘Cornbrail Acid 2’, provide familiar foundations for this album - whilst the rest of the material will be brand new to all listeners.

Early on 'Abdulio’ kicks things off with a twist, the loose bassline and jaunty rhythms recalling the funkier works of Mr Vibert. Additional new tracks such as ‘Milk Beats’ and ‘WIFE303’ bump around in a familiar fashion, fitting seamlessly alongside older Cornbrail works, yet others hint at developments not yet covered in this series – for example, the hypnotising break workout of ‘Effin Neighbour’ marks a shift in speed and tone to what we have heard of Richard’s recent works, more akin to the collection of older material released earlier this year by Recruit Records on his ‘Earl Rognald’ cassette.

Beatwife has also been granted permission from the Casio Corporation to include some of the results of his recent developmental works - tracks like the playful ‘CASIO Acid Socca’ utilise sounds from this new machinery in an eerie and dream-like way, moulding the melodies into life in Richard’s signature fashion. This mixture of the unearthed and the fresh has been put together as an entry-point for Japan whilst being designed to maintain appeal to existing fans, signalling a new step in Richard’s sonic adventures.

Cornbrail Acid 3より更に前進したBeatwifeのニューミニアルバムは、遥々スコットランドから届けられる真正のエレクトロニックミュージックである。 ここに収められたトラックの多くは、彼が、カシオXW-PD1という、全く新しいグルーブマシンを使ってプログラミングされた音を使用した、意欲的かつ実験的な内容になっている。

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really excited for this! I love the Beatwife flavour of acid.

Anyone else having trouble pre-ordering the CD? Not sure if it's a Safari issue, but it keeps saying the page is not available when I try to check out. Might try a different browser.

yeah i enjoy his music but the name really bums me out. is is possible we're misinterpreting it? like it's beat, like beats, and not like, punch and kick?

Really excited for this! I love the Beatwife flavour of acid.

Anyone else having trouble pre-ordering the CD? Not sure if it's a Safari issue, but it keeps saying the page is not available when I try to check out. Might try a different browser.

yeah its a fucking joke dudes holy crap.

its just a really bad and insensitive joke that lonely men come up with when they're knob twiddling in their basement flats.

lol a beatwife can be a police officer's partner whilst out and about on the streets doing their "beat". i reckon it's just meant to mean beating up your wife though. whatever, even if it's the first one it's not exactly obvious what it means and is a bit of a shit name imo.

yeah its a fucking joke dudes holy crap.

its just a really bad and insensitive joke that lonely men come up with when they're knob twiddling in their basement flats.

NOW THAT'S

WHAT I CALL

WATMM!

gonna check this release out in a minute. i really really love the artwork style.

He is married to the Beat.

:)

Aye, the packaging on this one is lovely! The blue bit on the left is a strip looped around.

Also, beautiful mastering job I think.

Guest cult fiction

Seems we're progressing from Japan getting a bonus track to Japan getting completely different albums. Reminiscent of the Seapunk vol. 2 Japan CD which had loads of different tracks.

Archived